Home – New Forums Starting your journey Product Name

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sonja Meyer
    • Total posts: 50
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

This isn’t about starting a business but it’s about a new product. A developer friend of mine has spent his spare time over the past 2 years developing some recruitment software that companies can use to track their applications, change application status, set up interviews etc etc. Working in recruitment he saw a need for a fully integrated web application that minimises the staff’s time spent sending emails around.

I’ve decided to design the interface for him as a favour because I’d like to see his project actually move forward, I love a personal project – and let’s just say design isn’t his forte!

The problem is – he is calling it ‘Recruit Star’. The rationale behind this is that he might end up developing more tools like ‘Account Star’ etc etc. But I think this name is a bit boring and unmemorable – and yet I can’t seem to think of anything better.

He is open to changing it… but to what? So I thought I’d reach out to the fantastic Flying Solo community to see if anyone has any ideas straight off the top of their head. Thanks everyone!

Sonja

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Names like that are always tricky

Recruit Tracker
    Recruit CRM
    One page Recruit

This is not my speciality, I hope you get some great responses

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

My advise is to start with the end in mind. In other words, who will be using it? Who is your target market. What is a problem that this product can solve. This process will help you find the best name.

PerfectNotes-Kathy
    • Total posts: 500
    Up

Hi Sonja,

For me, this is shades of WordStar… (or something very similar… way back before most people knew that computers existed…) which is not an association anyone wants!

HTH

Kathy

The Hobbit
    Participant
    • Total posts: 309
    Up

Stop worrying, let your graphic designer make the name look exciting. Concentrate on making the business successful. Jim’s mowing is about as boring as it gets but, look how successful he’s been.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.