Home – New Forums Marketing mastery product pricing question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    themot
    • Total posts: 150
    Up
    ::
    The Infotainer, post: 94191 wrote:
    Please understand it is not a discount

the other guy is ripping people off

most people who sell this range from

$125 to $160

there is a difference between discounting on a competitor who is ripping people off and pricing accurately pricing.

Quick, someone call ACA a business is making a profit!!!

It’s worth whatever people are willing to pay for it, there is no such thing as ripping someone off if they are prepared to pay that money for it. What your witnessing is capitalism at work, if you can’t deal with it go live in one of the handful of communist states that are left and execute your “fair prices for all” strategy there.

The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up

cheers

yes I had just bought my one way plane ticket to China,

I was just asking the question cheers all

Spider
    • Total posts: 95
    Up
    The Infotainer, post: 94191 wrote:
    Please understand it is not a discount

the other guy is ripping people off

most people who sell this range from

$125 to $160

there is a difference between discounting on a competitor who is ripping people off and pricing accurately pricing.

“Mind your own Business”

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

To quote a saying from the sharemarket – the market is never wrong – that is if people are paying that price, then that is what the price is.

Of course products are different because the source of purchase is open.

My thoughts:
    Why worry about the $250 – you say he is selling to budding magicians, you say you are selling to people who have booked parties with you. These are two different markets and therefore have two different price points. You see this all the time. Same product, (maybe slightly different packaging) but very different price points.

Don’t play price silly buggers. otherwise you will be like a dog chasing its tail – focused on the wrong thing.

Potentiall set up a landing page with very similar content, so you will be there in the SERPs and the market will soon find you…

Is his mark-up unethical – no. The market is smart enough to decide if the price is too high and if he can convince people of the value, then they are happy to pay it. If not, they ‘walk’ away.

The world is full of products with a 2, 3, 4 up to 700% markup.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.