Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Product Sales data

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Syders
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hello
    Does anyone know if there is a central place to find information on particular product sales in Australia. Eg Is there anywhere that would tell me the % increase or decrease in say sleeping bags or nail polish etc in Australia in the last year?

I’ve tried searching the web for this type of information but I’m struggling to find anything.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Syders,

Welcome to Flying Solo.

In my old corporate life, we could subscribe to cash register scan data in supermarkets and pharmacies through a couple of companies, but it was VERY expensive – and I’m not certain whether it would cover sleeping bags and other speciality items at all.

If anyone has any small business friendly data sources to recommend to you, I’ll be very interested.

However, if you can tell us what you want to use the info for, we might be able to help you work around it too.

Good luck,
    Jayne

Daniel Mitchell
    • Total posts: 56
    Up

Hi there

Unfortunately you are going to struggle to get accurate data, if any, and it certainly won’t be for a reasonable price. For it to be available in the first place it will need to come from manufacturers or retailers and businesses are acutely aware of the value on this data and aren’t going to be forthcoming in providing it to 3rd parties. If you do happen to find some which do you will need to be careful that it represents your target market & demographics as limited sources will make this difficult. You may be able to get some data from online sources to track search history and identify trends, but you’re going to be limited.

As Jayne suggests it would be helpful to know what you want to use it for as there may be alternatives.

All the best.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.