Home – New Forums Logistics Product sourcing / import agents.. Recommendations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hamilton.steve
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,
    Having started another new business, but the first one sourcing from china, I am interested to know any recommendations on sourcing agents…. I currently have a shipment of product sitting in a warehouse in Sydney at the moment (was meant to be in melbourne!), which I used a china based agent to factory source, develop and supply for me as a first step into china.. Given the hassles I have had with them, I now need to find a more reliable partner…
    I am still negotiating the final payment as apparently the volume has doubled since arriving!!
    Anyway, any recommendations of a reliable sourcing agent to cover the importing aspects would be great.
    We are manufacturing goods under our own brand….with big plans..
    Cheers
    Steve

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

Hi Steve,

I recently (two days ago) made a comment on LinkedIn about some issues with sourcing from China.

One of those was about communication. For all the problems associated with sourcing in China, as often as not, the issue is about a lack of communication from both sides, not just the Chinese end.

If you are looking for someone to help with your sourcing, please feel free to hit me up with a PM. We can at least have a chat about what you are looking for.

hamilton.steve
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

Thanks Johny
    I agree, communication is key…..I have been emailing daily with them so probably over communicating if anything! Pretty much everything has gone ok (well as expected with hiccups), but issues at the final hurdle – easy to think I am being held to ransom….
    Anyway, I’ll pm you and I’d be interested to know your thoughts…
    Cheers

Marlon Murdock
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

HI steve,

I represent a manufacturing and sourcing company based in Pakistan. Its taken me a while but i have established alot of good suppliers from there. Just starting out in Melbourne. You can give me a ring for more info.

IMEX Sourcing Services2
    • Total posts: 42
    Up

Hi Steve,

We are a sourcing & QC Based in China. UK is our primary focus, however Australia is our second most important market. We have a very solid reputation in the UK, as you may find from a lot of our online references. For our clients in Australia we can manage the whole process on DDU bassis, i.e. we manage the whole process right from finding the supplier to getting the goods at your door.

We have a lot of systems in place to manage risks, these include, supplier background check pre contract, signing chinese contracts, Pre-Shipment inspections, etc. Feel free to drop me an email & I would be more than happy to forward some literature on how we might be able to add value to your China Sourcing Operations.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.