Home – New Forums Find the help you need Professional Indemnity Insurance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sonja Meyer
    • Total posts: 50
    Up
    ::

Hi guys,

It’s been brought to my attention recently by a client that I should look at getting professional indemnity insurance to cover myself in case I ever make a bad decision or give the wrong advise.

Does anyone else in the design/web/digital/marketing sphere have this insurance and can you recommend a company to go with that’s reasonably priced?

I’m not sure what sort of policy I should take as I don’t do any ‘massive’ projects and can’t see any particular mistake costing my client too much. Worst case scenario is a website I’m maintaining breaks because of something I’ve done and they lose a lot of sales, or someone steals my computer and finds sensitive financial data of some of my UI clients and uses it against them – stuff like that. These scenarios are unlikely but it could be a good idea for the future?

Let me know thoughts on this.

Cheers,
    Sonja

alliedib
    • Total posts: 453
    Up

Hi Sonja,

The are a couple of direct Professional Indemnity markets available but from my experience, they tend to offer you an ‘off the shelf’ product and may not necessarily protect you for all your exposures (especially if you combine traditional marketing with website design / maintenance).

I am happy to have a look at some options for you and explain the different types of cover available – feel free to give me a call and we can have a chat about it.

Regards,

Mark

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Sonja – if you are a member of AGDA (Australian Graphic Design Association) http://www.agda.com.au , then there is a special professional indemnity insurance offered through one of their partners. It’s good because it is tailor-made for designers and illustrators who do both print and web.

You have to be a logged in member to see Benefits etc.
    Cheers, Karen C.

Sonja Meyer
    • Total posts: 50
    Up
    KarenC, post: 188203 wrote:
    Sonja – if you are a member of AGDA (Australian Graphic Design Association) http://www.agda.com.au , then there is a special professional indemnity insurance offered through one of their partners. It’s good because it is tailor-made for designers and illustrators who do both print and web.

You have to be a logged in member to see Benefits etc.
    Cheers, Karen C.

Thanks Karen.

I’m not a member, I was for a while but now because I have more than 4 years experience it’s too costly. Also because I’m away from Aus most of the time I don’t really need the resources that much. Shame!

Sonja

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.