Home Forums Selling online Program/App used for reselling

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    starlou
    • Total posts: 7

Hi everyone!

I’m looking for a program or app that I can use to resell items in Australia that are purchased from a USA website.

I’m looking for a program that would feed live stock levels & sizes so that if I sell someone a size large t-shirt from my website it purchases it directly from the USA website I’d be buying it from, so that there’s no delay in missing out on sizes no longer being available if an order is placed and I don’t fulfil the order until 6hrs later, for example.

Rather than dropshipping, I’d like the purchase to be delivered to me, and I would then re-package and post on to the customer.
    I understand this adds delays & reduces my profits, but I’d like to quality check all the incoming products as well as preventing the customer from receiving details of the website that it is originally purchased from – otherwise I’ll lose customers who will then just order direct from the website next time too.

Does such a program exist?

Thanks in advance for any guidance, it’s much appreciated.

businesstrade
    Participant
    • Total posts: 210
    starlou, post: 267925, member: 47143 wrote:
    Rather than dropshipping, I’d like the purchase to be delivered to me, and I would then re-package and post on to the customer.
    I understand this adds delays & reduces my profits, but I’d like to quality check all the incoming products as well as preventing the customer from receiving details of the website that it is originally purchased from – otherwise I’ll lose customers who will then just order direct from the website next time too.

Wouldn’t your customers have to wait quite a while to get their order if it has to be shipped to you from the US first?

Trent Tran
    Participant
    • Total posts: 166

Hi starlou

You can check the quality of the supplier by dropshipping to yourself with a note (Do not send promo material, I am drop shipping) to experience what it is like as a customer. Quite often the seller is happy to do it for you.

The postage label contains the seller information (no email address though, only their physical address).

Your customer when received the item, they would assume that is from you because they are expecting a parcel which they bought from you.

If you use Shopify, check out the app called Spocket.co (contains suppliers from the USA), you will get an idea of how it works. If you are open to China, Brazil, or India, Oberlo is another dropshipping app which you can utilise

You mentioned you want the supplier ship to you first, you then re-pack and ship to your customers, your margin will be very thin or it could even be negative because you double-handle it. Filled out your address twice, re-pack twice paid for postage twice for every single order.

Your customer is in Australia
    You receive payment in AUD but pay the supplier in USD so you need to take that into account (3.5% transaction )

By the way, how are you going to market your products? Is your Facebook store shut down?

starlou
    • Total posts: 7

Thanks for taking the time to respond, Trent.

Unfortunately I’ll be purchasing from a chain store from overseas, not a company that offers drop shipping, so I think my only option will be to receive the items & re-pack them.
    The markups will be significant enough that the double postage charges won’t worry me too much, it will just be the delay that I will be up front about customers having to wait so long for their items.

I have my other Facebook page closed at the moment as I had other priorities at the time & I slowly reduced the amount of stock I was selling to allow it to go dormant deliberately (starting a family etc).

I’m still deciding whether I re-open that store and re-brand it to keep the followers (they’ll be very different products – so most of my followers will most likely not convert to sales with the new products), or whether I create a brand new page & start fresh.

I’m just hoping to make a some holiday money every year from this one, while I’m still happy working full time at my current job in emergency services :)

Trent Tran, post: 267969, member: 66994 wrote:
    Hi starlou

You can check the quality of the supplier by dropshipping to yourself with a note (Do not send promo material, I am drop shipping) to experience what it is like as a customer. Quite often the seller is happy to do it for you.

The postage label contains the seller information (no email address though, only their physical address).

Your customer when received the item, they would assume that is from you because they are expecting a parcel which they bought from you.

If you use Shopify, check out the app called Spocket.co (contains suppliers from the USA), you will get an idea of how it works. If you are open to China, Brazil, or India, Oberlo is another dropshipping app which you can utilise

You mentioned you want the supplier ship to you first, you then re-pack and ship to your customers, your margin will be very thin or it could even be negative because you double-handle it. Filled out your address twice, re-pack twice paid for postage twice for every single order.

Your customer is in Australia
    You receive payment in AUD but pay the supplier in USD so you need to take that into account (3.5% transaction )

By the way, how are you going to market your products? Is your Facebook store shut down?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.