Home Forums Find the help you need Programmer/Web Developer Required Urgently for Form Building

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    IgniteDM
    • Total posts: 99
    Up

******POSITION FILLED – THaNKS TO ALL APPLICANTS! *******

We are urgently looking for someone with the necessary skills to replicate an existing form from a clients website.

The form has been designed, but due to issues with my current programmer, I need to start from scratch – though I do have a copy of the clients original form and what the idiot programmer im currently using has done thus far.

Im not sure on all the lingo, but I believe that you need PHP, Html and Javascript skills?? You must be capable of dealing with SSL certificates and knowing how to send ecrypted pdf’s with private data in them that are input into the form.

The form is a quote engine for an insurance company, and after inputting certain variables, it will return pricing for that particular product.

Form also requires security on it so that the customer can provide credit card details – although these are not processed through the website.

If you can help,or know someone who can – please put them in touch with me. This is an URGENT project, so please only contact me if you can get started on this asap.

tara@totalmicrosystems.com.au or PM me through the forums

Cheers
    Tara

Samot
    • Total posts: 157
    Up

Lol idiot programmer

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up

The poor bugger probably under quoted…while not akin to idiocy, perhaps inexperience…

ThinkSimple
    • Total posts: 41
    Up

Hi Tara,

A little advice on deailing with “Idiot Programmers”.

You’ll catch more flys with honey than vinegar.

Cheers

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

Tara
    I have passed on your post details to my developer. He is great – look for an email from Ash.

IgniteDM
    Up

Thanks to all the people who replied, and to the constructive and not-so-constructive comments.

To ThinkSimple – just to clarify, my so called programmer had probably underquoted (although thats his own fault for not looking into the issue thoroughly beforehand)- which in itself would not have been an issue had he got in touch with me to discuss the matter. However it seems he broke up with his girlfriend and just decided to ignore all and sundry. Leaving people with deadlines and client commitments in limbo while we tried to find a work around. Unprofessional doesn’t even begin to describe him. I initially gave him 5 days more than the original deadline, made friendly emails/calls/text… but no deal. After that my patience wore out!

Luckily though I have had some very helpful people make contact and looking forward to getting this resolved. You live and you learn it would seem !

Thanks again
    Tara

ThinkSimple
    Up

Hi Tara,

Wow, that is completely unprofesional of your coder and i can now see why you referred to him as an “Idiot”.

With 10 years in the programming game i have met a lot of people (mostly idiots themselves, BDM’s and accountants) who think programmers are “idiots” without having a clue what it is we do. (because they can do formula’s in excel they can programme too)

You were asking programmers to come to your rescue while calling your current one and idiot. hence the advice i gave.

Sorry if i caused offense.

Cheers

IgniteDM
    Up

Trust me – I have complete respect for anyone who can understand another language! Be it programming or russian or french lol I think they can work miracles (when they arent idiots!)

He still hasnt surfaced either. I cant even fathom how someone can have such a lack of work ethic. I guess I’m totally the opposite.. always bending over backwards to help a client out whenever I can. I’m probably too nice !

Im sure Karma will come back and kick him in the ar$e at some stage !

ThinkSimple
    Up

Hi Tara,

Ah, karma, what can’t it fix!! :)

Cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.