Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Promoting an online product

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    theeverydaytrader
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

We sell an online trading course via our website TheEverydayTrader, sales have been ok to date, but i really wanted to progress the sales. I would love peoples feedback and ideas!

many thanks

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

For me the site looks ok,
    The stock market frightens me and Im sure Im not alone.
    It could just be that people dont understand it enough.

Steve

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 123715 wrote:
    The stock market frightens me and Im sure Im not alone.
    It could just be that people dont understand it enough.
    Steve

Unfortunately i am with steve a little on this one.. i think the site looks nice and clean, more concerned with what i get for bang for buck..

There has been so many trading ‘ideas’ with software, futures, etc etc that i think people are sceptical – being something you have to overcome before anything i guess..

On a second note.. you may want to edit the link in your first post, you appear to have left the e out of trader for the hyperlink..

Cheers

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    theeverydaytrader
    Up

Thanks guys, i appreciate the feedback (i i have edited the link above thanks)

I am planning on overhauling the site, just trying to work out the new angle to take.

I have the industry credibility, which goes a long way when looking at other courses by traders with no track record. I will be pushing this angle strongly.

Thanks

theeverydaytrader
    Up

I am now looking to hire someone to help me to revamp my site http://www.theeverydaytrader.com
    I want to change the overall look and orientation of the site and implement changes to help increase sales of the product.
    Does anyone on this site offer that service>?
    Thanks
    Dave

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    theeverydaytrader, post: 129841 wrote:
    I am now looking to hire someone to help me to revamp my site http://www.theeverydaytrader.com
    I want to change the overall look and orientation of the site and implement changes to help increase sales of the product.
    Thanks
    DaveI would highly recommend talking to a Copywriter to nail the core messages of your business.

As outlined above, people are not convinced that what you offer would work for them, and a lot of that has to do with the words you use.

What scared me off was the ‘I turned $5,000 to $230,000 in 9 weeks. That makes it sound like a get rich quick scheme rather than a serious business opportunity.

Once you have your core message down pat, then you need to get somebody to build you a kick arse website that highlights the core message and encourages people to buy.

Even better, have you thought about a subscription service? You charge a monthly fee and the they get the course, plus training, plus forums, plus… this creates recurring income for you, and adds value while minimising risk for your clients.

Once the core message is sorted, and your awesome website is down, you need to then start marketing and advertising.

Warning! This is not a cheap process.

I can point you in the direction for a copywriter, web design, and marketing / advertising company. Let me know if you want to know more.

[EDIT]If you wanted to go down the ‘get rich quick’ route, then I would be better use affiliates to sell your product, rather than doing it yourself. You don’t have much control then about what they say to sell it, but if you don’t mind it’s always an option.

AngelaGirl
    • Total posts: 330
    Up
    theeverydaytrader, post: 129841 wrote:
    Thanks
    Dave

Hi Dave
    If you don’t get a lot of response here, try posting in the “need a resource, got a referral’ section.
    Cheers
    Angela

Mrs Fox
    • Total posts: 81
    Up
    theeverydaytrader, post: 123709 wrote:
    Hi all,

We sell an online trading course via our website TheEverydayTrader, sales have been ok to date, but i really wanted to progress the sales. I would love peoples feedback and ideas!

many thanks

I suggest adding video clips on the homepage or posting short lectures on youtube.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.