Home – New Forums Marketing mastery promotion through mailbox

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jabar
    • Total posts: 31
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone

I just got a bunch of business cards and i was wondering if it is a good idea to just walk around my suburb leaving cards in people houses mailbox. Does anyone has experience doing it? I receive a lot of promotional material in my mailbox everyday…. thanks

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

I think you would be wasting your time… I have had a look at your website and I would recommend you do more targeted marketing.

Places like meditation and wellness groups, leave some cards at naturopaths and contact life coaches. You could also look for groups on http://www.meetup.com.

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

As Tony said the target would be hit and miss – more miss. Plus your business card probably isn’t designed for a letterbox drop with a call to action so you can trigger a measurable response.

jabar
    Up

thanks for your opinion I guess I wont do it, but then another basic question comes to my mind, lets say if I go to gyms or stores would they let me place my business cards or advertisement for free in their business?? for example if I ask the receptionist if she can have some business cards exhibit so their clients check them out, does that work or Ill just get rejected??

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

It’s like anything, if you don’t ask, it’s already a no, but if you do ask, you may actually get a yes…

Some will and some won’t :)

Halyna67
    • Total posts: 18
    Up

Your posters are lovely. I dont think you will have much trouble selling them online.

I have placed my cards in various places – yoga studios, cafes, doctors surgeries, gyms, etc and the result is a bit hit and miss. Some places are happy for you to do that whereas others decline and thats ok. I usually find that Gloria Jeans is happy for any promotional material in their cafes.

Why dont you try meditation centres, yoga studios, etc, having your posters up for a limited time, and selling on consignment ie, if they sell then you get a commission. Just a thought. I think i would be more likely to buy a poster if i can see it up, rather than from a business card which directs me to look at a website,etc.

All the best,

StevenMelbourne
    • Total posts: 47
    Up

Printing cards is cheaper nowadays but I wouldn’t recommend leaving cards in mailboxes unless you are a local business (e.g. local takeaway, real estate agent or cleaning service type of business.)

1. It takes a long time to drop off cards in every letterbox, and this time you can use to identify who your target market is and be more selective
    2. Only your target market will be expected to buy your product (which looks great by the way!) so keep your marketing focus on them – know your customers and they will respond well
    3. The first place to start leaving cards is probably at the place of your existing customers who have purchased from you.
    4. You can always try gyms, stores etc, some of them will definitely be willing to have your cards there.

Cheers,
    Steven

jabar
    Up

Thanks for those great answers, I was always afraid of walking into a place and asking if I could leave my cards there but now that I know is possible I am going to start visiting many places around my area.

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

Unless your business card is in the form of a flyer which tells people about the benefits of you service then I think it would be a waste of your business cards.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.