Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Promotional Lead Times – help?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    erinna
    Participant
    • Total posts: 135
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I am a photographer and I am looking at sending out some promotional material to different businesses/industries based on seasonal needs. For example, taking photos for a Bed and Breakfast that they can use to promote their business for the spring/summer season?

However, what I want to know is what lead time should I be looking at? When is the best time to send these out?

For a business which benefits in spring, should I be sending them the promotional material leading up to spring? Or earlier, such as Autumn?

In other words, should I be contacting them 3 months, or 6 months before they will want to use the photos?

Thank you!

-e-
    xox

DavidM
    • Total posts: 329
    Up

Hi Erinna.

You should approach the businesses just before or during the perfect time. It’s rare that a business would keep your promotional pieces on file to contact in 3-6 months time.

When approaching the businesses, you should be really clear about why you’re approaching them at this time e.g ‘now’s the best time of year to shoot photos of your business. The colours are radiant… etc.

The time required to respond to you should be within a short window, say a few weeks.

Cheers,

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Hi Erinna,

I agree with David’s comments above – It’s very rare that a company will keep promotional material for months at a time.

I’d recommend 2-3 weeks before the required period.

– Jake

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.