Home Forums Marketing mastery Promotions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Only Kindness Matters
    • Total posts: 25

Hi everyone,

I have an amazing package to give away for Xmas with products from my wonderful suppliers it is worth over $200.00 so I want to make sure I run a decent promotion to give away the prize – however I am stuck as to what is the best avenue.

I would like to run something through our website, facebook, instagram and pininterest and get as much engagement as I can.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Rachel

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,073

Rachel the first question you have to ask is who is your audience? There’s no point running a competition for the sake of it. What is the goal?

If you can identify your ideal customer you’re trying to attract (i assume that’s the purpose) then that will narrow the field of options you should consider. The overall audience on Instragram is completely different to Pinterest so no point just doing every social network because it’ll be cool. There has to be a strategy behind your decisions.

So here are the steps…
    1. Identify what the purpose/goal is for your competition.
    2. Identify your target audience and what action you want to take.
    3. Identify appropriate channels based on your targeting and budget.
    4. Formulate a campaign for your competition designed to achieve the goals identified in step 1.
    5. Execute the campaign.
    6. Measure your success :D

getcontented.com.au
    • Total posts: 136
    Stuart B, post: 223630, member: 10757 wrote:
    Rachel the first question you have to ask is who is your audience? There’s no point running a competition for the sake of it. What is the goal?

If you can identify your ideal customer you’re trying to attract (i assume that’s the purpose) then that will narrow the field of options you should consider. The overall audience on Instragram is completely different to Pinterest so no point just doing every social network because it’ll be cool. There has to be a strategy behind your decisions.

So here are the steps…
    1. Identify what the purpose/goal is for your competition.
    2. Identify your target audience and what action you want to take.
    3. Identify appropriate channels based on your targeting and budget.
    4. Formulate a campaign for your competition designed to achieve the goals identified in step 1.
    5. Execute the campaign.
    6. Measure your success :D

This is such excellent advice!

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,073

Thanks [USER=72814]@getcontented.com.au[/USER]

[USER=49046]@Only Kindness Matters[/USER] – I forgot to mention…

MAKE SURE you have a follow up process which involves capturing a database and leveraging that list after the activity finishes. Let’s say you have 100 entries and as a result 5 of those become customers immediately.
    Your immediate success doesn’t finish there as long as you have a plan on how you’re going to follow up with everyone else. Set up a “nurturing” campaign designed to get some of those warm leads across the line. The reality is that you could go from 5 new clients to 10 during the 3 months after the competition if you follow it up right.

Plan that aspect into the activity from the beginning, don’t just say you’ll do it after the competition ends because in my experience most people get lazy and don’t.
    If you set it all up before you begin then it’s much easier to execute when the time comes.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.