Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Prototype – Validate – then Launch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GD
    • Total posts: 35
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys, I’ve tried to follow the format whilst keeping it short. Hopefully you can spend the next 30 seconds reviewing my idea and providing honest feedback. Much appreciated !! Rob

1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    Idea/Concept

2. What does your business do?
    Rapid prototyping. I see a lot of people spending a lot of time and money establishing websites, businesses…etc before confirmed with customers they have a solid idea.
    I can help by creating low cost ‘rough and ready’ digital prototypes that people can show and share with customers prior to launching into full development and business establishment. Hopefully, this will get you on the right track earlier and save you some time and money.

3. Who is your target market?
    Startups… I think. Love to get your thoughts

4. What specific concerns do you have?
    Is there a market? Who would be interested in such a service?

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

I would say there “should” be a market, but whether there actually is … you may need to rapid prototype and test it. :)

Seriously though, I think it’s basically a good idea. The challenge may be, whether “rough and ready” (and the pricing attached), meets the expectations of a client.

If your theoretical “start up” is a bit switched on technically, they should be fully aware of potential development costs, and see the advantages of rapid prototyping without too many frills … if this is wrapped in a framework, or methodology that can be used to build off with further iterations … sounds good.

If they’re shopping on price without a clue, they’ll probably go the Elance track.

Some I see are well capitalised, too well IMO … and obviously have spent thousands chasing a dumb idea. I think some of the one’s I’ve seen in this group (possibly through lack of knowledge) chase form before function and think that perfect visual design is the key to selling an idea.

For anyone that does think that, I’d remind them that Google, was a pretty rough and ready prototype. I remember when their stuff was no more than a bunch of links on a blank page, and that’s all their product pages too, not just search. Didn’t seem to do them much harm.

I’d play on. Cheers

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

is it the link in your footer?!

doesn’t really match your description!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.