Home Forums Starting your journey Public Liability

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    merryfield
    Participant
    • Total posts: 8

My wife runs a small cleaning business. She has one employee who works just 12 hours a week.
    We need public liability insurance but most charge around $1000 which seems excessive as our business is so small.
    Does anyone know a way we can get it cheaper?
    I know the lawnmowing contractors have a big group discount that enables them to get it for around $500 for a year, but I can’t find anything like it for the cleaning industry. \
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Gillen – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,556

Hi @merryfield, unfortunately a lot of small business insurance seems to come out around the $1000 mark, even for a solo operator. I can only recommend shopping around for a bunch of quotes. Also some do pay-by-the-month (some don’t), which may help to spread out the cost.

Hopefully our members can point you to a more specific recommendation?
    Dave

Dave Gillen - Client Acquisition | Brisbane | (07) 3180 0288
    Easyway
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1

Hi Merryfield,
    I am a Broker and just ran through a scenario similar to what you require and can provide $10mio for a domestic cleaning business for $650. Happy to help if you like – easyway insurance

Matt Dell
    Participant
    • Total posts: 6

Hi @merryfield
    I run an insurance agency and we have few sole trader cleaners insured
    Your details including location, services offered, employees and turnover will affect pricing
    Depending on the above though we would possibly be a little and maybe be a lot less than $1K
    Feel free to reach out to us if you are still interested
    https://www.eldersinsurance.com.au/elders-insurance-ulladulla

MATT DELL Agent / Owner Elders Insurance Ulladulla If you have questions, Elders Insurance Ulladulla is the answer! www.eldersinsurance.com.au/elders-insurance-ulladulla
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.