Home – New Forums Starting your journey Public Liability for Wedding events business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    aureliustjin
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hello,

We hire out wedding chairs and pergolas for clients and we also set them up at the venue.

We’re looking for any brokers who can help us with public liability as this type of business is quite different from the rest. It’s hard to get a quote online because this service is not listed as one of their choices.

We need this quite soon as we were told last minute that the venue required it.

Thanks in advance.

Collins Insurance
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Hi,

You can email to me your some basic info first.

Address, Turnover, no of staff/contract workers, years of experience, usual operating areas (or state).

aureliustjin
    Up
    Collins Insurance, post: 186404 wrote:
    Hi,

You can email to me your some basic info first.

Address, Turnover, no of staff/contract workers, years of experience, usual operating areas (or state).

Thanks Colin. I have emailed you.

alliedib
    • Total posts: 453
    Up

Hi Aureliustjin,

Your Public Liability requirements could be quite unique, especially depending on what you are actually doing – events planning or coordination / staging / hiring of equipment. certainly initial information will help but you need to clearly disclose ALL your activities otherwise you may not be covered.

You should also be looking at cover for Errors and Omissions / Professional Indemnity – this covers you for negligence in your business that causes a financial loss for the client. eg you book a venue for the Saturday, whereas they should have been booked for the Sunday – there may be costs incurred through the necessity to arrange extra accommodation / change flights / obtain alternate venue etc which the guests or bridal party would seek from you.

I have experience in these types of consultants so if you need me to clarify anything let me know.

Regards,

Mark

aureliustjin
    Up
    alliedib, post: 186428 wrote:
    Hi Aureliustjin,

Your Public Liability requirements could be quite unique, especially depending on what you are actually doing – events planning or coordination / staging / hiring of equipment. certainly initial information will help but you need to clearly disclose ALL your activities otherwise you may not be covered.

You should also be looking at cover for Errors and Omissions / Professional Indemnity – this covers you for negligence in your business that causes a financial loss for the client. eg you book a venue for the Saturday, whereas they should have been booked for the Sunday – there may be costs incurred through the necessity to arrange extra accommodation / change flights / obtain alternate venue etc which the guests or bridal party would seek from you.

I have experience in these types of consultants so if you need me to clarify anything let me know.

Regards,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my query.

Here’s what we do. Clients book our services for their wedding ceremony/reception.

What we hire out:

* Wedding chairs (up to 50)
    * Canopy that is made from bamboo and is about 2.6mx2.6m on all 4 sides.
    * Glassware such as vases, candle holders/glasses, wine/champagne glasses
    * Easel stand
    * Foldable tables to place drinks at ceremonies
    * Drink dispensers with client’s choice of beverage

We also do flower arrangements which we use for decoration for ceremonies and receptions.

In addition, we provide candles.

You can take a look at a ceremony setup here:
    http://dcevents.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/laperouse.jpg
    Photo shows wedding chairs, canopy and easel.

We also take on clients who have special occasions such as birthdays and baby showers. We hire out glassware, cake/cupcake stands, vases and provide flowers. This is all based on the clients’ needs.

For weddings, it is mandatory for us to deliver the items to protect and handle our property. We deliver using our van.

For smaller events such as baby showers, we some times allow the client to pick up the items.

Clients come to our shop for meetings to discuss their event.

I hope that clarifies things more.

I would appreciate if I can get a quote.

You can call me on 0431 556 899 – Aurelius.

P.S. – This might sound like a stupid question but is there such thing as a “one off” Public Liability so we can be covered just for a one day occasion?

aureliustjin
    Up

I have found public liability.

Thank you everyone for your support!

beachandbohoevents
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hello,

This is an old thread, but i am having the same kind of problem. My business is a tent hiring business (bell tent, teepee tent). If you still use this – could you please let me know where i can find insurance?

Thank you,

Tahnee

alliedib
    Up
    beachandbohoevents, post: 251084, member: 100341 wrote:
    Hello,

This is an old thread, but i am having the same kind of problem. My business is a tent hiring business (bell tent, teepee tent). If you still use this – could you please let me know where i can find insurance?

Thank you,

Tahnee

This kind of coverage should be pretty straightforward depending on the actual cover you are looking for.
    I helped a hire business yesterday after they couldn’t get any sense from other insurance brokers so feel free to get in touch with our office if you would like our assistance.

Regards,

Mark

bellesunshinecoast
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    beachandbohoevents, post: 251084, member: 100341 wrote:
    Hello,

Thank you,

Tahnee

Hi Tahnee, I too am starting a similar business. Can you offer any advice on the cover you obtained?

alliedib
    Up

Belle,

Realistically it will depend on what specifically you are hiring – some insurers will cover the fully ‘party hire’ whereas others will only look at niche markets. You then also need to consider what you are wanting to cover (Liability only, Damage to your Items / Theft by Hirer etc).

As an example I insure a client who hires out Portable Bars – they use a different insurer to another client who is in the sporting goods hire business.

Regards,

Mark

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.