Home – New Forums Find the help you need Public Liability – Handmade Toys

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pawlenko
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help with the problem I’m battling. I make toys using mainly wood and some metal and plastic fixings/fittings. All my toys come with manuals and appropriate age restrictions etc.
    Have been trying to find company that can sell me the Public/Product Liability but with no luck so far.All companies/brokers I’va approached so far told me they cannot do that. Has anyone had similar problem over here? Just want to do the right thing (I am pretty sure my toys are safe to use and they comply with all Australian standards, just want to get Public Liability formy own sake of mind)

Cheers
    Pawel

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hopefully some helpful members will be along soon with some advice to point you in the right direction.

Cheers
    Paul

Matt Dell
    Participant
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Hi Pawel
    Liability cover for activities and products that involve children can be a little difficult but not impossible
    What makes it particularly hard for small producers is the cost
    Minimum cost is likely $1,000 plus
    I am assuming if you are making toys by hand that would be a significant part of your business turnover
    I am happy to give you further information and maybe a quote
    Reach out if you are interested
    https://www.eldersinsurance.com.au/elders-insurance-ulladulla

MATT DELL Agent / Owner Elders Insurance Ulladulla If you have questions, Elders Insurance Ulladulla is the answer! www.eldersinsurance.com.au/elders-insurance-ulladulla
    Thrive Promotional
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hello Pawel

I’d be happy to provide my insurance broker contact (he works with a lot of my industry affiliates/colleagues i.e. promotional products).

There may be some similarities with your type of business (toys) and some of the promotional items available for kids ..and insurance required to cover your business. You absolutely need the correct insurance.

Let me know if I can help with my contact (it would be worth an initial chat for his input) .. note, I have no affiliation with him or his company, other than being a client.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.