Home – New Forums Starting your journey Public Liability Insurance for an e-commerce business/product

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    roddy000
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Heya folks,

We are an e-commerce startup and plan to sell a particular type of acupressure massage/lifestyle/healing mat online (primarily online). Our product is non electrical; the base is made of cotton & foam and the spikes are high quality ABS plastic. However, the best use of the product is directly against the bare skin. We are thinking of situations where if someone develops a skin rash or any other reaction (physical/emotional) because of the use of our product and decided to call a compensation lawyer we might be trouble.

The likelihood of our product adversely affecting anyone is almost nil but who knows what can happen and how people react so we’re looking for your advice on what type of insurance we should be looking at to keep ourselves protected.

I saw other forum posts and it seems that finding the right insurer and product may not be a straightforward process (like buying car insurance). I tried Allianz and the nearest category I saw was Retail -> Fitness Products although this is not quite a fitness but more of a holistic healing/massage the product.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks in advance
    Roddy

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up
    ::

I think you are after product insurance and I would speak to an insurance broker that will be able to provide you with the right product.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.