Home – New Forums Other discussions Public Liability Insurance???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    siringo
    • Total posts: 39
    Up
    ::

I’m looking at a contracting position with a Victorian state government dept. that requires me to have public liability insurance.

I’ve done pretty much no investigation into it, but the one thing I do know is that public liability insurance can cost over $10,000+ which is way outside my budget.

The position sounds very interesting, I need the work and there is very little work available where I live.

What are the alternatives to me paying for public liability insurance? There must be some as I’m 100% sure not everyone can afford a $10,000+ insurance premium per year.

Thanks in advance.

abacus
    • Total posts: 174
    Up

$10,000 ???

Our broadform liability insurance is with QBE and covers both
    Public and product Liability up to $10 million

http://www.qbe.com/Version_2/pace/html/SRU/QBE_SRU_Liability_Solutions.html?3#3

This insurance costs us a grand total of $46.66 per month.

Ring an insurance broker in your area and get a policy that suits your needs.

Good luck

Trish FCA
    • Total posts: 235
    Up

Hi Abacus,

Can I suggest you contact Richard White at White Insurance Brokers

info@whiteinsure.com.au

He helped me out with my professional indemnity insurance and his rates were very competitive and he knows his stuff.

Cheers,

siringo
    • Total posts: 39
    Up

Thank you both very much for your help, greatly appreciated.

I actually goofed, I’m looking for Professional Indemnity Insurance as I work in the IT arena.

natj
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi, I have both PL and Prof I and both cost me under $2K. Again, go back to your broker and ask them for a quote. It might take them 3/4 days for them to get back to them, but it would be silly to miss such a nice contract opp just because you missed on insurance.
    Good luck with it all.

wrs
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

I would be more than happy to provide a quote for you. Generally speaking if it is an office based role your premium should be well under $1,000 per annum.

Regards,

James

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.