Home – New Forums Marketing mastery purchasing a 1300 number. any tips???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    moezzi
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    ::

Hi there.

Im looking at purchasing a 1300 number for my upcoming business.Does anyone have any experience with these? do you recomend them? What should i look for in deals?

thanks

LukeH
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

If you are looking to do it in the cheapest way then go to your phone company and ask for a 1300 # – there should be no set up cost. The ongoing monthly rental is usually $10 – $20.

If you have money to spend and want a number you can use as a ‘phone word’ i.e 1300 CALL ME – then go to http://www.smartnumbers.com.au – the government site that auctions the best numbers with a reserve of $500.

Unfortunately most of the best numbers were snapped up early on Smartnumbers by companies that then lease the number to businesses for hundreds or thousands of dollars a month. A rort. Especially when I saw that one of the most prolific buyers of smartnumbers was bankrolled by Telstra. Anyway that’s a personal gripe :)

But the fastest and easiest way it to speak to your phone company. Telstra’s standard business rate tends to be about 40% higher than what some of the other telcos offer, so I’d suggest getting a few quotes to compare.

moezzi
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

hey luke thanks a lot for the detailed reply. I’m looking to go through optus but we will see how I go…

sacotechnology
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Yes 1300 or 1800 numbers are a useful feature which many customers like as they can call you free of charge or for the cost of a local call.

You will find Telstra and Optus are quite expensive for 1300/1800 numbers and also seem to take quite sometime to setup everything.

Also something to consider is where you will redirect the number to as the redirection costs can be very different for a call number compared with a STD number or mobile.

martinprint.com.au
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

The best thing I find with 1300 / 1800 numbers is that you can have them diverted to any number you like. Meaning that if you move, you wont have to re-print / change all your stationery / advertising / have your phone diverted etc.

You can also have the 1300 number divert to several land line / mobile numbers allowing more clients to get through to you.

We used to have problems with our line being engaged with 4 incoming lines. However now we route the 1800 number to one single DID (Voice over IP) number with 20 channels and if for some reason that fails, it then tries other numbers.

It also gives you the perception of being a larger business and thus more credibility.

admajic
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

If you dont need a special 1300 no. which makes a word, then you can get one through any telephne company really. I got my no. through gotalk and this is via voip. For me its a win win situation as its mega cheap via voip and I forward the number to my mobile.

kaminiman
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Unfortunately most of the best numbers were snapped up early on Smartnumbers by companies that then lease the number to businesses for hundreds or thousands of dollars a month. A rort. Especially when I saw that one of the most prolific buyers of smartnumbers was bankrolled by Telstra. Anyway that’s a personal gripe :)

But the fastest and easiest way it to speak to your phone company. Telstra’s standard business rate tends to be about 40% higher than what some of the other telcos offer, so I’d suggest getting a few quotes to compare.

DavidThomas
    • Total posts: 265
    Up

I’d be happy to help anyone further with setting up a 1300 number. Just mention flyingsolo and I’d be happy to give you a 10% discount for life. You can check us out here: 1300 numbers

Gordon Akman
    • Total posts: 229
    Up

All I would add is you may as well get a 1800 number. If you compare the cost to a 1300 number the difference in very small. Oh.. and Telstra is one of the most expensive, worst run, and poorest deliverer of customer service businesses in the world imo.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

http://www.alltel.com.au/

seem pretty good

Ian
    Seniorphone.com.au

mark_xpnsit
    • Total posts: 140
    Up

I use telecube and have been pretty pleased with them so far.

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

I just got a 1800 number from FYI Telco (sorry David, if I’d known about your company I’d have used you, to support fellow FS members!)

The number was free, there’s no monthly fee, you just pay for calls. I decided to go the 1800 route as I thought I may as well – free is better than any cost at all, even if people only get charged a local call rate.

I have mine routed direct to my mobile as I find it easier, my UK 0800 number is routed through Skype to my mobile.

Lisa F
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

1300 divert to mobile via VOIP – any recommendations?

Hi All,

Don’t know whether I should have started a new thread or not.

We are a new business just looking to set up a 1300 number to divert to mobiles as cheaply as possible.

It looks like the cheapest way may be to use VOIP as part of the set up. Does anyone have any experience/ recommendations they can share?

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa Fox
    Director & Co founder
    Open Shed

Open%252520Shed%252520colour.png
    twitter: @openshed
    facebook: http:http://www.facebook.com/openshed
    blog: http://blog.openshed.com.au

Gordon Akman
    • Total posts: 229
    Up

Re: 1300 divert to mobile via VOIP – any recommendations?

Lisa F, post: 90677 wrote:
    Hi All,

Don’t know whether I should have started a new thread or not.

We are a new business just looking to set up a 1300 number to divert to mobiles as cheaply as possible.

It looks like the cheapest way may be to use VOIP as part of the set up. Does anyone have any experience/ recommendations they can share?

Thanks,

Lisa

I’d go with a 1800 number as they are about the same cost as 1300 numbers and give your business an even more professional look. It will be cheapest to have a land line/voip phone as the first answer point if you are going to always answer calls. If you have it divert to mobiles and answer the calls the calls can end up being quite expensive. Perhaps you can just get the contact details of the person and call them back.

My set up is I have a land line as my first answer point then after a certain number of rings it diverts to my mobile as the second answer point. I usually answer the calls but when I can’t people can simply leave a voice message on my mobile message bank. I don’t know why more businesses don’t have 1800 numbers. They are such a cheap thing to get and really look the part in a professionally run business.

Lisa F
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Thanks Gordon – I’ll have a think about a 1800 number. We only have mobiles as we travel around house sitting, so we are kind of limited in that sense.

Cheers,

Lisa

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘purchasing a 1300 number. any tips???’ is closed to new replies.