Home – New Forums Money matters Purchasing Vehicle Predominantly for Business Use

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SqueakyCleanMelbourne
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Good Morning All,

I am in the process of securing business finance for the purchase of a new work vehicle. Finance will be a Chattel Mortgage.

The final requirement for approval is a letter from my accountant stating the car will be used predominantly for business purposes.

To date, I have been doing my own accounting and therefore cannot provide this letter.

I suspect that seeing any old accountant and asking for this letter would be impractical (let alone unethical).

Could anybody please suggest an appropriate workaround?

Thanks in advance.

James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,739
    Up

What is your business structure. Company or Sole Proprietor?

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    ZoeGillard
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

You may be able to pay for an accountant for a special engagement. They would be able to do the letter for you then, although they would probably want to look at your business structure and possibly do a quick review of your accounts.

It could be something for you to look at though.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi
    Claiming for business use is usually supported by a log book. This only has to be updated every 3 years unless there is a material change in usage pattern. An accountant would review your prior motor vehicle claims for reasonableness. They would be comfortable if you have kept a log book.
    Hope this is of assistance.
    Robert

James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,739
    Up
    miked, post: 200412 wrote:
    Hi
    Claiming for business use is usually supported by a log book. This only has to be updated every 3 years unless there is a material change in usage pattern. An accountant would review your prior motor vehicle claims for reasonableness. They would be comfortable if you have kept a log book.
    Hope this is of assistance.
    Robert

Actually it is every 5 years not 3

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    MD Clean
    Participant
    • Total posts: 308
    Up

Perhaps you could start a different thread or change the title of this one and ask for the advice of an accountant with cleaning businesses for clients.

They should be familiar with your type of business enough so that they can provide you with the letter.

Also, can I suggest a couple of things about your website?

1.Change the URL of your blog from http://squeaky-clean.net.au/wp/ to either
    http://squeaky-clean.net.au/blog/ or
    http://squeaky-clean.net.au/cleaning-tips/
    2. Change the Font to 16 or 18px so it is easier on the eye.

Good luck

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.