Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Purpletux Graphic Design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Purpletux
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    ::

Hi all

I’ve just started out on my own after working for over six years at a small design studio. My experience covers the majority of print, digital and creative areas, as well as having the contacts available for photography and printing, etc. I am based in the SE suburbs of Melbourne.

I don’t have a lot of experience in the self-promoting and networking areas, which is why I’m looking to join up some of these networking communities to build some connections and hopefully maybe even get some advice on the best way to get my name out there. Everything seems to be word of mouth these days, but it’s that initial burst that I’m struggling to get traction with.

I definitely want to make things work as it’s a lifestyle choice more than anything else, but sometimes you sit there and wonder if it’s the right thing to do!

Thank you and I appreciate your time.

Daniel.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Daniel,

Welcome aboard the forums! It’s no easy feat getting up and running, so congrats for taking the leap. BTW your website is very striking and I love the name. :)

Good luck and I hope to see you around the forums.

Dave

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Daniel and welcome

Starting out it is always tricky to get the ball rolling. I can recommend that you go along to as many networking events that you can until you find one you enjoy and commit to going to on a regular basis.
    This is where you can build relationships and ultimately referrals. You need to put yourself out there and the results will come.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Howdy Daniel

Welcome.. Must second Dave’s comment… Striking web site… Nice, like the portfolio and additional logo designs you have shown that you obviously presented to your clients.. Shows an in depth or should i say thorough approach you have to your work :)

Look forward to seeing your Tux around FS!

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.