Home – New Forums Other discussions Put my notice in yesterday – 4 weeks and I’m free!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    ray_223
    • Total posts: 594
    Up
    ::

Wow, thanks everyone for the good wishes.

@Fiona
    :
    Yep, with 3 children and a mortgage the money side of things is very important. I was lucky that my wife could run the business while we built it up and that has given us a safety net of sorts.

@Warren
    Congrats on the contract, and thanks for the offer of midnight consultations!
    I’m sure there will be bumps along the way – life is like that – but with almost 3 years under our belt and a small safety net I’m confident my plan will be successful.
    I’m actually very conservative, if I was more of a risk taker I would have done this 12 months ago.

SomeBoy
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Good luck man. Enjoy working for yourself. :)

Melinda B
    • Total posts: 349
    Up

How’s your first week on your own been Ray?

ray_223
    Up

Hi SomeBoy and Melinda,

The first week was fantastic.
    Not on my own (my wife and I are partners – who broke her finger this week – so lucky I’m home).
    And with the school holidays here in NSW the home/office has been pretty busy.

I don’t have to try and convince anyone here on the merits of being your own boss :)

Melinda B
    • Total posts: 349
    Up

On your own meaning working on your own – great time to do it with the kids home too!

I spent my first week solo looking at my computer and going “Wow, all this time to get my work done” and then not doing it…. Was such a shock to the system after building the business and working full time and always being crazy busy trying to get it all done. I really needed that first week to unwind and get my focus back.

I grew up in Molong, next time I come up to visit I’ll give you a yell. :-)

ray_223
    Up
    Melinda_B, post: 35044 wrote:
    [snip]
    …. Was such a shock to the system after building the business and working full time and always being crazy busy trying to get it all done. I really needed that first week to unwind and get my focus back.

I grew up in Molong, next time I come up to visit I’ll give you a yell. :-)

Yeah, I had a pretty relaxing week. I have a number of other tasks to get out of the way before working on expanding the business and improving processes. Still worked 4 or 5 hours per day – but compared to doing what I have been it feels like a holiday :)

Be great to share some business stories the next time you’re in Orange.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.