Home – New Forums Starting your journey Putting things together.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dannyp
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I am currently in the process of putting a business together and I find myself all over the place not having a proper order to put things together, remembering things I have forgotten.

This is the first big business I have put together, in the past I have run small little business’s where it just involved myself and I got work through word of mouth and minimal advertising, and everything else created by myself over time.

Where as this one needs to have processors, sales material, crm, etc from the word go and I feel as if im running around in circles.

Has anyone run into these issues before? how did you over come them? is there any reading material you can point me in the direction of? etc…

Thankyou.

trymyluck
    • Total posts: 41
    Up

I suggest you do a business plan. But I also actually like to write things down well before the actual business plan is done.
    Putting pen to paper somehow seems to organise your brain and makes your thought process more accountable.
    Make a check list in order of what needs to be done, the first list you put together may well have the business plan at the bottom whilst you are in the thinking stage, but when you get you to the action stage ….you must have a business plan before you start spending the $$$.
    Maybe you are already at that stage now. Anyway, just my thoughts.

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Definitely a business plan!

Other than that – keep all your notes together in one folder (paper) and one document (on your computer) so that you are not looking here/there/everywhere for that one particular FABULOUS idea ;)

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

I agree with all of the above, and will say it again. Business plan.

Steve

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Yes, you need a business plan but I think you need more than that. Some kind of system production manual that helps put together all the bits and pieces and records stuff in one place. Write things down as you think of them and do a mind map perhaps for it. Even a workflow sheet that shows what order things need to be done in.

If you know someone else who is in a similar style of business seek them out as a possible mentor or guide.

dannyp
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Thanks for your help guys.

Im going to get stuck into a business plan this weekend, and love the idea of a flow chart for processors.

I guess this is the part where I get everything from my mind and put it to paper.

Once again,

Thanks guys!

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up
    dannyp, post: 129723 wrote:
    Thanks for your help guys.
    I guess this is the part where I get everything from my mind and put it to paper.

Yep! But you will feel better for it.

Get into a routine of looking at it again and adding to it, too.

It will keep you on track!

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

Planning is the key.

The Hobbit
    Participant
    • Total posts: 309
    Up

Planning really is the key, as everyone has already told you.
    You really should consider doing a Feasibility Study as part of your business planning. All though our manual How To Conduct Feasibility Studies For Tourism Projects is specifically written for tourism related businesses it will still be a great starting point for you. There is also a free sample of the manual available on that*page.
    It will help you organise your thoughts and prioritise your tasks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.