Home – New Forums Selling online Q for online sellers -Packaging for deliveries, what type

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Myparcelbox
    • Total posts: 30
    Up
    ::

Just after a show of hands re packaging to assist me making an informed decision

How many of you use prepaid satchels v ‘plain satchels (that you then attach a con note etc to)’ for posting items?

thanks

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Myparcelbox, post: 183042 wrote:
    Just after a show of hands re packaging to assist me making an informed decision

How many of you use prepaid satchels v ‘plain satchels (that you then attach a con note etc to)’ for posting items?

thanks

What type of product are you posting

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Howdy Parcel

We use Australia Post clicknsend packages when required.

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Myparcelbox
    Up
    bb1, post: 183044 wrote:
    What type of product are you posting

At this stage I’m really looking for info about the use of unbranded packaging- my products go out in carbdboard boxes printed with our logo.

As an advertising strategy I’ve been looking into printing satchel bags with our product info on them and providing them to e-tailers to use instead of plain ones.

However that will only work if etailers are actually using the satchels that aren’t prepaid.

Reasoning is that those who receive the parcels are our target market- online shoppers :)

Barry Moore
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Hand up – Using the ClickandSend parcels with the printable address label

Hatching_It
    • Total posts: 414
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 183047 wrote:
    Howdy Parcel

We use Australia Post clicknsend packages when required.

Cheers
    Jason

Barry Moore, post: 183118 wrote:
    Hand up – Using the ClickandSend parcels with the printable address label

Ditto, but most of my sales are through eBay so I use their bulit in AusPost (which is the same as ClickAndSend) The only downside is that you have to use a separate piece of paper for every label where ClickAndSend will put 4 on a page. Oh, and ClickAndSend prints in colour lol.

Using the eBay system the charges for postage come out of your PayPal account monthly which I like.

Click and send is also cheaper than pre paid satchels from memory ($6.95 v $7.20 or something?)

Maclean

Myparcelbox
    Up

Thanks guys

sorry just to clarify with the clicknsend do you then stick that label onto a satchel that Auspost supplies or your own packaging?

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Howdy

its a prepaid australia post satchel (500grams and 3kg) or 3 different sized boxes (all aust post) that you then stick on the labels that are printed through clicknsend (australia post) that has all relevant information on it.. With the bags they have a little clear window you insert them into, on the boxes you need to use sticky tape and stick to the boxes..

hope that helps..

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Hatching_It
    • Total posts: 414
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 183162 wrote:
    Howdy

its a prepaid australia post satchel (500grams and 3kg) or 3 different sized boxes (all aust post) that you then stick on the labels that are printed through clicknsend (australia post) that has all relevant information on it.. With the bags they have a little clear window you insert them into, on the boxes you need to use sticky tape and stick to the boxes..

hope that helps..

Cheers
    Jason

I don’t do this.. I just print the label and stick it to the item however I’ve packaged it (in a box or wrapped in black plastic etc).

You just enter the dimensions and weight of the item and then try parcel post. If it works out more expensive than a prepaid bag change it to the prepaid bag, print the label, and stick it to the size.

As an example, I sell a boxed item that is 27 x 17 x 6 (cm) and weighs 0.6kg. Too big for a 500g prepaid but if I pop those details in it only costs $8.55 to most places in Eastern Australia. If the cost goes up I just choose the 3kg prepaid at $11.70. Either way, I print the label and shrink wrap it to the box with the invoice underneath.

Maclean

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Stachels dont protect enough for most of my items, and I know how australia post treats them, so I use my own cardboard boxes which I source from Ebay, far cheaper and as good as the Australia Post offering. Stick my addressee lable on and a return address. Than just parcel Post them which now comes with tracking as well.

Do use satchels for some items, but very selective what goes into them.

Greg W
    • Total posts: 64
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 183162 wrote:
    Howdy

hope that helps..

Cheers
    Jason

Hi Jason

I was under the impression from the Aust Post site that the satchels for click and send where eBay branded? and if you didnt want to use those one’s you had to use the Pre Paid red ones that where more expensive. Where do you get the ones from for click and send that have the window on them.

Cheers
    Greg

Myparcelbox
    Up

Thanks for the replies guys, for some reason I didn’t see the notification for them.

Greg I was under the same impression as you which is why I was wondering about the ones with a window.

i was aware that Auspost would do you custom satchels but had also thought that the others were ebay branded.

Can anyone clarify please?

cheers

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.