Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Question allready.??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    nasa
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

I am bringing in some stuff from china 2 cartons and 1 wooden crate totaling 166 Kgs I am paying just over $800 to have this stuff delivered to Brisbane port and I will have to pay another $500 to have it picked up and delivered to me in Queensland. What I am not sure about is any charges in between.? Will I have to pay charges to the Brisbane port for terminal handling and if so what sort of bill can I expect on that shipment.
    Please help guys I want to get this order in.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up
    nasa, post: 122591 wrote:
    and I will have to pay another $500 to have it picked up and delivered to me in Queensland.

You should be asking them.

nasa
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 122643 wrote:
    You should be asking them.

Ask who ? the courier service who is picking it up. I was thinking maybe the courier service goes in to the port and they say nope you cant have that until the port terminal charges have been paid. I don’t know.. and if you mean ask the Brisbane port…Well I have spent all day searching for who to ask. Nobody seems to want to know they just forward you off to someone else who forwards you off to someone else until you are in a department that don’t have anything to do with it and you end up back at customs and they don’t want anything to do with it either. I betcha after it is in their hand they will want to tell me what the charges are real fast..lol

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

While you’re waiting for an answer, why not look around the Customs website, or maybe give them a call for some information?

If your goods are coming in on a wooden pallet or in a wooden crate, it will need to meet requirements too.

Wendy :)

endlessink
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

You need to pay a customs clearance fee (We were quoted $150 last time) and GST of the stock if over $1000 (unless it has recently changed). Are you using a broker? They should be able to help give you a better idea, because what you are paying may already include the other fees, there are sometimes local fees that can be a couple of hundred dollars. All the best :)

Divert To Mobile
    Up
    and I will have to pay another $500 to have it picked up and delivered to me in Queensland..

the people who quoted you for the service of picking up your cargo from the brisbane port and to deliver it to your door where ever you are in queensland.
    What exactly is the $500 for? are they clearing your goods and doing all your paperwork and delivering? They should be.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    I am bringing in some stuff from china 2 cartons and 1 wooden crate totaling 166 Kgs I am paying just over $800 to have this stuff delivered to Brisbane port and I will have to pay another $500 to have it picked up and delivered to me in Queensland. What I am not sure about is any charges in between.? Will I have to pay charges to the Brisbane port for terminal handling and if so what sort of bill can I expect on that shipment.
    Please help guys I want to get this order in.

Have you engaged a freight forwarder? and you most certainly should be asking the person who quoted the $500 is it all inclusive?

Have you bypassed a freight forwarder as such and relied on supplier/shipper handling the freight?

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    nasa
    Up

Thanks guys I just got back here.

Who is organizing the freight to Brisbane Port?

Well My supplier in China says he will ship to Brisbane port so I guess he is organizing the freight to Brisbane port.

While you’re waiting for an answer, why not look around the Customs website, or maybe give them a call for some information?
    If your goods are coming in on a wooden pallet or in a wooden crate, it will need to meet requirements too.

Now that is interesting because that was my next question. About the wooden crate.
    Is it that because these tubes are packed in a wooden crate it will fall under the category of quarantine item.
    I was wondering about that because when submit the self assessed clearance declaration to Australian customs.
    It asks if the goods are subject to Quarantine.
    I was thinking well the goods are not so just tick NO How would I go then.
    And if I tick YES then they want AQIS inspection location.? Wouldn’t that just be Brisbane port.

Have you engaged a freight forwarder? and you most certainly should be asking the person who quoted the $500 is it all inclusive?

I haven’t as yet and am hoping I can do this without them.
    It is only $130/2years to get the digital signature and I would like to think I can do this myself.
    I have of course made equerries with several forward and custom brokers however they don’t really seem interested.
    Well they don’t answer email and they don’t reply to online quotes I had direct communication with one but now he seem to have disappeared. I am probably not big enough for them, just a one time little import.
    I know that you can do self assessed clearance declaration yourself if you have a digital sig and are registered as a client in the Australian integrated cargo system.
    I don’t think the quote was any more service than picking up from Brisbane and delivering to Queensland because I hadn’t told them about importing the goods it was just a quote for picking up and delivering the packages.
    I am not to concerned about that I can always get several quotes but weather the packing crate falls into AQIS Quarantine category as my major concern at this time .??

Have you bypassed a freight forwarder as such and relied on supplier/shipper handling the freight?

Well the supplier say the price includes ship[ping to Australia.So I just assumed he would ship to Australia and then my problems would start… Oh-Lord ..What have I missed .????

nasa
    Up
    Couple It, post: 122691 wrote:

Now that is interesting because that was my next question. About the wooden crate.
    Is it that because these tubes are packed in a wooden crate it will fall under the category of quarantine item.
    I was wondering about that because when submit the self assessed clearance declaration to Australian customs.
    It asks if the goods are subject to Quarantine.
    I was thinking well the goods are not so just tick NO How would I go then.
    And if I tick YES then they want AQIS inspection location.? Wouldn’t that just be Brisbane port. And more money I suppose.?

Divert To Mobile
    Up
    nasa, post: 123000 wrote:
    Oh-Lord ..What have I missed .????

You missed the part about the $500 charge from the port to you.
    Who is doing that and what are they doing exactly for the $500

Steve

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

If the $500 charge for delivery from port to you is only for pick up and delivery, and you’re a “one time little import”, then perhaps you should look at paying a broker to handle the lot for you.

How much time and stress have you already spent on this, and how far has it got you? This could be an ideal task to outsource.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.