Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Question for Accountants and Lawyers!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alex (LegalVision)
    • Total posts: 52
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone. I run a website that provides customised legal documents for SMEs (link in signature). We’re considering adding a new suite of documents to the website – mainly SMSF docs, more Trust documents in order to tap into the accountant market. We have a subscription model, so my question for the accountants out there is: How much would you pay a month for unlimited access to customised SMSF and Trust documents?

Also, for the lawyers out there- we’re also considering providing all of our documents to sole practitioners as a cheaper way to access a whole range of template documents. How much would you pay a month for unlimited access to over 100 customised legal documents? (At the moment we don’t allow customers to resell our documents)

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

PRO
    • Total posts: 450
    Up
    lachlan@legalvision, post: 154460 wrote:
    Hi Everyone. I run a website that provides customised legal documents for SMEs (link in signature). We’re considering adding a new suite of documents to the website – mainly SMSF docs, more Trust documents in order to tap into the accountant market. We have a subscription model, so my question for the accountants out there is: How much would you pay a month for unlimited access to customised SMSF and Trust documents?

Also, for the lawyers out there- we’re also considering providing all of our documents to sole practitioners as a cheaper way to access a whole range of template documents. How much would you pay a month for unlimited access to over 100 customised legal documents? (At the moment we don’t allow customers to resell our documents)

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

I would check out smokeball’s pricing for a starting point.

SMSF stuff is getting messier with Accountants set to lose their exemption from AFSL requirements in 2016.

There are also several Court cases now which say that an Accountant who provides a legal document (eg a Trust) from a website such as yours in providing a legal service even if they only fill out names etc.

Your business would be covered because the documents were drafted by a lawyer, the issue is a potentially dwindling sector of your clients. The docs aimed at other lawyers is a great idea.

Good luck.

Healthy Personal Finances
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

I will be looking to outsource this part of our business as most clients who come to us already have things set up. Or if they wish to change structures for example, I would rather just pay a one off fee to whoever we outsource it to and charge the clients the exact cost (no markup for our business).

That way in effect the client is buying directly from the legal company we deal with.

I wouldn’t be interested in a subscription based pricing system as one month we might need one document, another month we might need zero another month we might need 3.

This probably doesn’t help you though – sorry !!
    Stacey

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.