Home – New Forums Selling online questions about my small business!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Vennerator
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hey all!

So I am on the finalisation stage now for my small business now…

Just want to confirm everything is on the right track..

So I have a website selling hand-made bags with my own trademark.

I have my ABN (solo trader) and I used my ABN to register business name.

I also registered my trademark as I use my own label.

I will also register GST…

So is everything ok? Should i put the ABN number on my website? It’s a solo trader ABN so it will show my name instead of the business name if people check the ABN.

Regards.

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    Vennerator, post: 193542 wrote:
    Hey all!

So I am on the finalisation stage now for my small business now…

Just want to confirm everything is on the right track..

So I have a website selling hand-made bags with my own trademark.

I have my ABN (solo trader) and I used my ABN to register business name.

I also registered my trademark as I use my own label.

I will also register GST…

So is everything ok? Should i put the ABN number on my website? It’s a solo trader ABN so it will show my name instead of the business name if people check the ABN.

Regards.

You don’t need to show your ABN on the website but it does offer a little more in the way of trust so maybe on the contact page or about us page.

Also suggest that you add your website and business info to any forums like this one in the signature. There is no problem doing some self promotion.

Take a look at http://www.digitalbusiness.gov.au it has some good advice and information for small businesses.

John

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

You seem to have crossed off the registration for your business, my suggestion would be for you to focus on your generation of clients.

What are your plans for generating customers as this is the most important part of running any small business.

help4bis.com
    • Total posts: 268
    Up

Agree with all the above mentioned comments.

Few suggestions.

ABN yes I would put it in the footer, also if your business name is different than your name you use for trading you should include that, for example.

Dutch Digital Dynamics pty/ltd trading as help4bis.com

Also have a look at security certificates, again it adds to that level of confidence.
    It gives you that little green lock :-). See here for some options http://www.ssls.com/

Further, if you have an online shop you want some sort of third-party check that your site is save to shop. Have a look at the bottom of this page to see what I mean. http://www.theoriginals.net.au/wendy-sinclair.html (scroll to the bottom).

It also cannot hurt to have a privacy policy etc, for example when we went to the eway certification we needed to show privacy policy, return policy etc. It all gives you that little bit more advantage over someone with the same products but without the extra attention to protect ME as a customer.

Let me know if it does not make sense.
    Happy to help4bis.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.