Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Quick poll: What do you look for?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    TheBusinessAccountant
    • Total posts: 43
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone

i am doing a bit of market research and was hoping you could all give me some feedback if possible. The question is:

What do you look for when choosing an accountant or someone to prepare your income tax return?

1. Cost
    2. Experience
    3. Friendliness/Helpfulness
    4. Location
    5. Customer service
    6. Availability to be able to talk to someone

any other comments?

Thanks in advance – I appreciate the feedback!

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

1. Cost 4.
    2. Experience 1.
    3. Friendliness/Helpfulness 2. (this is really combined with customer service)
    4. Location 6.
    5. Customer service 5.
    6. Availability to be able to talk to someone 3. (or email)

Hi Linda, your site is clean and informative, but I highly suggest you remove the ‘visitors-page hit’ number at the bottom of the page. It doesn’t look good and if someone was looking for your services and went back a week later and the stats hadn’t changed, that won’t seem very positive for you. Best to keep the stats private. Best regards.

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Hi Linda.

1. Cost – 3
    2. Experience – 2
    3. Friendliness/Helpfulness – 1
    4. Location – 5
    5. Customer service – 3
    6. Availability to be able to talk to someone – 4

– Jake

TheBusinessAccountant
    • Total posts: 43
    Up
    KarenC, post: 39221 wrote:
    1. Cost 4.
    2. Experience 1.
    3. Friendliness/Helpfulness 2. (this is really combined with customer service)
    4. Location 6.
    5. Customer service 5.
    6. Availability to be able to talk to someone 3. (or email)

Hi Linda, your site is clean and informative, but I highly suggest you remove the ‘visitors-page hit’ number at the bottom of the page. It doesn’t look good and if someone was looking for your services and went back a week later and the stats hadn’t changed, that won’t seem very positive for you. Best to keep the stats private. Best regards.

Thanks Karen and Jake for your feedback.

Karen – I have removed the stats today – I wasn’t sure how it got to be showing up so I had to ask a IT friend to help me get rid of it!

Samchez
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

1. Cost 3
    2. Experience 1
    3. Friendliness/Helpfulness 2
    4. Location 6
    5. Customer service 4
    6. Availability to be able to talk to someone 5

My main concern or deciding factor is having experience with my type of industry and I want them to be a successful accountant, after all they are looking out for my money, I want them to have a good positive control of theor own money.

I hope this helps

JayTurn
    • Total posts: 35
    Up

Hi TM,

1. Cost 3
    2. Experience 1
    3. Friendliness/Helpfulness 2
    4. Location 4
    5. Customer service 2
    6. Availability to be able to talk to someone 2

I actually regarded 3, 5 and 6 to be the same question. Friendliness/helpfulness and availability are all parts of customer service. In my opinion, when it comes to something as specific as accounting, you want the experience at the forefront.

Plus in a way, the more experienced you accountant is, the better they are at pointing out tax deductible items which saves you money in the end anyway.

If I think two accountants are in the same experience range, I will choose the one who provides better customer service IF their prices are not too far above the other accountant. If they are, I will take a gamble on the other accountant but if the customer service is too bad, I’d probably switch.

Hope this helps your marketing, all the best for the remainder of your research.

Jason

Brenda Thomson
    • Total posts: 31
    Up

1. Cost
    2. Experience
    3. Friendliness/Helpfulness
    4. Location – 6
    5. Customer service
    6. Availability to be able to talk to someone

I think 3, 5 and 6 are all the same thing..VERY important

I think location is irrelevent.

Not big on the word experience… lots of experience doesn’t necessarily equal good advice. I want my accountant to know their stuff and care about getting me the best possible results and be genuinely interested in me and my business.

Regarding the bill – I prefer accountants who charge a monthly fee and take the time to understand my business and talk to me whenever I want without charging extra than one who doesn’t talk to me all year (or bills me for every phone call) and then hits me with a huge bill just to do the tax.

Steven Hudson
    • Total posts: 122
    Up

Hello Linda

1. Cost 6
    2. Experience 3
    3. Friendliness/Helpfulness 5
    4. Location 1
    5. Customer service 4
    6. Availability to be able to talk to someone 2

Cheers

Steven

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.