Home – New Forums Other discussions Quick proof read of a contract when done? – Advice needed (haven’t finished yet)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dangaff
    • Total posts: 244
    Up
    ::

Does anyone have a few minutes to have a quick proof read of a contract regarding a service I aim to provide, ‘lending/hiring’ out goods in the outdoors retail area? (hasn’t or is rarely be done).

I just need to start writing it up firstly, but if you wish to have any input on what you believe I should include, I’ll definitely look into it.

A quick brain storm in my head of areas to cover:
    – what happens if the buyer doesn’t pay the outstanding total
    – the use of a debt collector agency/third party
    – the ramifications for if the goods are returned damaged, missing parts etc
    – not to be lent to any other party or used by any other party.

I’ll get the draft contract written up and if someone can take a quick look, that’d be great.

I look forward to the advise.

Regards,

Daniel

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

If it were me, I’d invest money in a good lawyer to write it for me, especially since my business could depend on it being sound at some time in the future.

The hours you could spend trying to do this yourself could be put to much better use IMHO.

Wendy :)

dangaff
    Up
    Couple It, post: 128563 wrote:
    If it were me, I’d invest money in a good lawyer to write it for me, especially since my business could depend on it being sound at some time in the future.

The hours you could spend trying to do this yourself could be put to much better use IMHO.

Could you recommend any lawyers you’ve done business with? Or know of..

Dan

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

You’ll find plenty in the Directory above. Kennethti springs to mind – have not dealt with him personally but he contributes a great deal on the forum.

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Dan,

I’m more than happy to give it the ‘once over non legal proof read’ for you – have done a bit of agreement work before – not specifically in your area, but have a good working knowledge of how they should read and generally hang together. So, if you’re just after a fresh set of eyes – feel free to email a draft to me ([email protected]).

Otherwise, I agree – there’s a couple of good lawyers on here that will certainly be able to provide a legal opinion and advice, Kenneth is certainly one of them (see Phang Legal in the directory or online).

Kennethti
    • Total posts: 415
    Up
    JacquiPryor, post: 128667 wrote:
    Hi Dan,

I’m more than happy to give it the ‘once over non legal proof read’ for you – have done a bit of agreement work before – not specifically in your area, but have a good working knowledge of how they should read and generally hang together. So, if you’re just after a fresh set of eyes – feel free to email a draft to me ([email protected]).

Otherwise, I agree – there’s a couple of good lawyers on here that will certainly be able to provide a legal opinion and advice, Kenneth is certainly one of them (see Phang Legal in the directory or online).

Thanks everyone for your vote of faith in me!

Hello Dan, I can certainly have a quick flick through the document and give you a general opinion in relation to it – I certainly won’t charge you any money without telling you first!

Drop me an e-mail or a private message – my details are on my firm’s website!

dangaff
    Up

Thanks everyone!
    I’ll definitely get it written up soon I hope, maybe after the weekend.

Then I’ll send it by you’s along with you Kennethti as I’ll probably be in need some of advice on it to.
    Do you have a ball park figure on what you charge for contract advice or more so ‘fill in the blanks/missing spots’ of a contract..? PM me if you wish.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Kennethti
    • Total posts: 415
    Up

Hello Daniel,

Hard to give a ballpark without having a look at the documents – I think it’s better to flick them by me before I can throw figures at you. As mentioned I won’t charge you just to look at them.

dangaff
    Up
    Kennethti, post: 128982 wrote:
    Hello Daniel,

Hard to give a ballpark without having a look at the documents – I think it’s better to flick them by me before I can throw figures at you. As mentioned I won’t charge you just to look at them.

Alright not a problem, I’ve got quite a bit ahead of me this weekend and all of next week.
    I won’t forget, just may take a little while.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.