Home – New Forums Money matters Quickbooks vs.MYOB. User recommendations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    smcka
    • Total posts: 21
    Up
    ::

I currently use MYOB V19.5 and reasonably happy with it. I’m not keen on the newer hard drive versions as the forums still demonstrate the same issues prevalent when it was released many years ago; to me that is not acceptable.

I have down loaded Reckon Accounts Accounting 2014 with the view to migrating over to it. So far I have only played with the trial company data and not loaded any of my data into a file.

Obviously I am used to MYOB and know the layout; Accounts has a different feel and look and it will take me some time to learn it.

What I’d like is actual end-user (small business owner) comments on either system. Is one better than the other, do you wish you had/had not changed and the like.

Call me old and grumpy but at this point I am not 100% convinced a cloud system is the way to go. I currently back up on local machine, local external drive and dropbox so having lost a hard drive with all my data I have learnt my lesson. Going to the cloud for that level of reassurance is not a benefit I see.

I also predominantly use inventory as I sell items, which I also ‘build’ from a couple of products. I have not yet seen this feature in Reckon (only downloaded it a few days ago) so would be interested in hearing thoughts on that area.

Some points I have noted in Reckon compared to MYOB. Please feel free to comment on these too:

Reckon does not have a list of outstanding debtors with amounts, only debtors. Is this correct or are only debtors with balances outstanding listed?
    The ability to build a widget from a few gidgets is not showing the sample file. Can I build a widget from gidgets in the same way MYOB does? i.e. take 4 items, deplete stock, convert to a new item and cost it at the actual cost of the items?
    There seems to be a lot of clicks needed to move about screens in Reckon. Yes/No?

I fully am aware that he choice to move is a personal decision. However, I’d like to draw on others experience before I commit and would like to make that choice without the bias of having to learn a whole new program.

smcka
    • Total posts: 21
    Up
    ::

I seem to have made the decision by more research.
    To get advanced inventory in Reckon I have to pay double the MYOB basic price which has it standard.

So despite reading in the MYOB forum that the new version is junk, I look like staying with MYOB V19.5

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.