Home – New Forums Starting your journey Quicken-Reckon-Advantages/Disadvantages

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kosta
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi, I am looking at getitng reckon but wanted to know others feedback on this? Advantages/disadvantages before purchasing. Thanks !!!

CindyK
    • Total posts: 155
    Up

Hi Kosta,

Choosing the right accounting software actually depends on what industry you are in, what you are selling, how you have set up your business, you current level of software and accounting knowledge and what your specific needs are.

Each software has advantages and disadvantages, as you know, but unless you are pinpointing the specifics – the advice someone gives is pertinent to their business and industry.

You would be better to have someone help you evaluate your needs and business. You could look for an accountant or bookkeeper who offers a variety of softwares and who can help you both decide and set it up. Then you have the best start.

Alternatively, perhaps you could share information about the things you need – ie. inventory management, online invoicing etc and forum members could give experience related on scenarios.

Good luck with the software search.

Rhys
    • Total posts: 325
    Up

Hi Kosta,

I’ll second Cindy’s comments – start by figuring out what you need in your business and only then look at the various software options. Flying Solo are part way through publishing a series of articles I have written on this subject, aimed at providing you with some tools to do this yourself.

The latest article is here plus it has links to a couple of others (with one more to come in a few weeks). If you need anything further on this there are lots of consultants you can turn to for help.

Good luck, Rhys

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.