Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Quiz – What are the 10 things that makes this ad so powerful?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up
    ::

There are 10 points that makes this ad create a profit flood. What are they?

A great test for copywriters and business owners who think they know their market. I was blown away and i’ve learnt from the masters.

It’s a bit hard to read but well worth it. This is the kind of ad that pulls in more sales than a face to face or over the phone appointment.

If you can’t guess all 10 (Especially if you are a copywriter), the lesson is that you always need to be learning or watch your competition steal your prospects and clients.

928quiz_2.png

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Fear… and poor science to trap the ignorant. That’s two.

I really hate these types of ads. For some niches they work, but not for 99% of the businesses who frequent this forum (and most others). Imagine Coke doing a ad like this?

It’s like one of those super dodgy sales ‘letter’ types website that sell get rich quick schemes.

It’s a bottom feeding ad that should be put to sleep – but as long there are suckers who believe the hyperbole they are not going anywhere :/

T J Madigan
    • Total posts: 255
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 117083 wrote:
    Fear… and poor science to trap the ignorant. That’s two.

I really hate these types of ads. For some niches they work, but not for 99% of the businesses who frequent this forum (and most others). Imagine Coke doing a ad like this?

It’s like one of those super dodgy sales ‘letter’ types website that sell get rich quick schemes.

It’s a bottom feeding ad that should be put to sleep – but as long there are suckers who believe the hyperbole they are not going anywhere :/

Hmmm…
    I think you should wait until you are 50 or older and worried about memory loss before you go making remarks like that.

The question is about the copy, not the product.

If you choose you can learn something about marketing here or you can be closed minded, ignorant and rude.

Either way, please don’t ruin it for others who this information can benefit.

MatthewKeath
    Up
    T J Madigan, post: 117089 wrote:
    Hmmm…
    I think you should wait until you are 50 or older and worried about memory loss before you go making remarks like that.
    We are not talking about the subject matter, but the way the product has been marketed.

My parents are both worried about memory loss, as am I. Whatever makes you think otherwise?

MatthewKeath
    Up
    T J Madigan, post: 117089 wrote:
    Hmmm…

The question is about the copy, not the product.

If you choose you can learn something about marketing here or you can be closed minded, ignorant and rude.

Either way, please don’t ruin it for others who this information can benefit.TJ you are just too much!

Lol. I’m sitting this one out. :) Have fun!

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

Hey Matt,

Please don’t sit out on this one. your opinion is valued and chances are others feel the same but only you’ve demonstrated the courage to voice it.

My question is why do you feel it’s bottom feeding? my parents are mid 60s themselves.

Are you familiar with the company? They are big players and have a good base of loyal customers.

my only concern is you’re jumping to conclusions about ads like these and this ad specifically without doing sufficient home work on it’s effectiveness in attracting and RETAINING clients.

anyone can make a false claim and sell something. it takes alot to keep them.

now, there is nothing wrong with your premise. these kinds of ads are abused but don’t blame the ads. It’s like saying all white Australians should be blamed for the genocide of the aborigines.

The ads work extremely well in most niches and i don’t care how sophisticated your niche is. it could be expensive collector’s items, office furniture, b2b, office supplies,etc. I’ve seen a ton from various industries over the years and they work extremely well – done correctly.

just stick around and maybe add a couple of more points if you do decide to re-read it. If you keep your mind open, i promise you’ll learn alot and you can then transfer it to your clients if you wish.

Thanks again.

MatthewKeath, post: 117091 wrote:
    TJ you are just too much!

Lol. I’m sitting this one out. :) Have fun!

DavidM
    • Total posts: 329
    Up

Forgive me, but I didn’t read it. However at a glimpse the factors that may make it successful include:

It looks like a news article, probably mirroring the typeface of the publication it features in.

The headline is a claim that challenges a belief. How could this possibly be true… People would ask.

A scientific image is shown to give credibility. Plus an emotion image of the target market is also shown.

The ad includes a lot of copy. People interested in this topic will lap it up. It will answer all their questions and therefore remove the barriers to purchase.

…so that’s my answer to your question Khalid.

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

David,

Some great points. I would strongly urge you to read this ad from the perspective of a marketer or a copywriter. It’s like a course on client attraction and conversion in itself.

DavidM, post: 117108 wrote:
    Forgive me, but I didn’t read it. However at a glimpse the factors that may make it successful include:

It looks like a news article, probably mirroring the typeface of the publication it features in.

The headline is a claim that challenges a belief. How could this possibly be true… People would ask.

A scientific image is shown to give credibility. Plus an emotion image of the target market is also shown.

The ad includes a lot of copy. People interested in this topic will lap it up. It will answer all their questions and therefore remove the barriers to purchase.

…so that’s my answer to your question Khalid.

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Nowhere does it actually try to sell the product.

Wendy :)

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

ecchh… It’s like watching an episode of Today Tonight.

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

I was going to make a joke about the fact the old people reading it will have forgotten they purchased it and buy it again…

Don’t worry, I have family members with Alzheimer’s so hopefully people take it in the light hearted manner it was intended. (if it offends please remove my comment)

To add to the other great comments already here, I would say that it compares itself to something that has become such a hot topic, it automatically gains credibility and interest

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up

1. A strong headline but also a qualifying headline… people whose thinking is aligned to this concept will definitely read on
    2. Fear is immediately invoked… if only by the use of the word ‘fear’
    3. A picture is worth 1000 words… the emotional picture at the top right reinforces the fear… older chap, bench, autumn scene, looking into open spaces
    4.The sub head offers ‘hope’
    5. The copy opens with a statement that the qualified reader would agree with.
    6. Resistance is diffused by a free offer
    7. Technical data is rolled into a story… we like stories
    8. Reinforced by a technical picture… visual evidence
    9. Paragraphs have headers to ‘hit’ the reader
    10. Great copy keywords for this problem. eg miracle
    11. Specifics – ’10-15 years’
    12. Credible Authority… a commercial airline pilot is perceived by many people as a credible authority figure
    13. A bonus offer
    14. Strong guarantee in the close
    15. Urgency… a further bonus but only for the first 500
    16. Visually strong call to action in the close

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

Another lesson : What we like or don’t like is irrelevant. it comes down to what works and often, it’s beyond logic. Marketing success requires repelling the majority and catering to a target market.

This is what most businesses just don’t get and wonder why their marketing produces weak results so they cut back during “tough” times. We make the mistake of thinking about the marketing instead of AS our market. Sharp difference in results.

There is a reason why TT and ACA always have a ton of viewers. TV advertising may be down but ask them for their rates during ACA and TT. IT would be much higher than other daily shows / series.

bluepenguin, post: 117132 wrote:
    ecchh… It’s like watching an episode of Today Tonight.
    Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

Anyone who is struggling needs to speak to this guy even if he doesn’t offer a free consultation.

There are too many “copywriters”, “coaches”, “marketers” and “consultants” who do one or two course, know about 10% more than their market and act like they are masters to the ignorance of their clients.

I don’t know Warren from a bar of soap but after speaking with / watching too many people who claim to be the above, i can tell he is not one of them.

If you can’t afford him for a project, hire him to find you a cheaper alternative and allow him to supervise / sign off the work before payment to make sure you get what you deserve – assuming he’s willing to do it.

Warren Cottis, post: 117167 wrote:
    1. A strong headline but also a qualifying headline… people whose thinking is aligned to this concept will definitely read on
    2. Fear is immediately invoked… if only by the use of the word ‘fear’
    3. A picture is worth 1000 words… the emotional picture at the top right reinforces the fear… older chap, bench, autumn scene, looking into open spaces
    4.The sub head offers ‘hope’
    5. The copy opens with a statement that the qualified reader would agree with.
    6. Resistance is diffused by a free offer
    7. Technical data is rolled into a story… we like stories
    8. Reinforced by a technical picture… visual evidence
    9. Paragraphs have headers to ‘hit’ the reader
    10. Great copy keywords for this problem. eg miracle
    11. Specifics – ’10-15 years’
    12. Credible Authority… a commercial airline pilot is perceived by many people as a credible authority figure
    13. A bonus offer
    14. Strong guarantee in the close
    15. Urgency… a further bonus but only for the first 500
    16. Visually strong call to action in the close
    Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

but you have to SELL Wendy! Always be closing right ( and all that BS)? :)

Couple It, post: 117115 wrote:
    Nowhere does it actually try to sell the product.

Wendy :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.