Home – New Forums Starting your journey Quote on merchant Facility

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    fanix
    • Total posts: 43
    Up
    ::

So after contacting several banks to get some fee estimates, this is what I have so far:

Note that these fees are for my online store. i will only be dealing with Card not present transactions, so no POS points required for my business.

Commonwealth Bank:
    ==============
    Establishment Fee: $79
    Annual Fee:$28
    Transaction Fee: $0.14
    MSF (Per Transaction): 1.48% (Local)
    MSF (Per Transaction): 2.61% (International)

St.George:
    =======
    Establishment Fee: $70
    Annual Fee:$40
    Monthly Admin Fee: $20
    Transaction Fee: None
    MSF (Per Transaction): 1.43% (Local)
    MSF (Per Transaction): 1.43% (International)

My customer base will mostly be international, so I was presently surprised at the International MSF rate from St.George..

Any input regarding these fees?

BrightSpark
    • Total posts: 131
    Up

Your location shows as South Africa so what good is an Australian Bank to you?
    A number of EFTPOS machines allow you to select other currencies as well, or you could also look at an web interface to the bank which works like a virtual EFTPOS machine. The fees for these would also vary between the banks as well.

fanix
    Up
    BrightSpark, post: 24664 wrote:
    Your location shows as South Africa so what good is an Australian Bank to you?
    A number of EFTPOS machines allow you to select other currencies as well, or you could also look at an web interface to the bank which works like a virtual EFTPOS machine. The fees for these would also vary between the banks as well.

Yes, currently in South Africa, moving to Melbourne 1st April, thats when I will start my business.

VideoTraining
    • Total posts: 101
    Up

These fees are quite reasonable.

I also created a business account with St George, and this account costs $60/month! I am thinking of finding another bank to work with.

Make sure you check ALL of the costs, not just transaction costs.

Regards

Tony Morris
    http://www.DVDcoach.com
    Online Computer Training Made Easy

fanix
    Up
    DVDcoach, post: 24670 wrote:
    These fees are quite reasonable.

I also created a business account with St George, and this account costs $60/month! I am thinking of finding another bank to work with.

Make sure you check ALL of the costs, not just transaction costs.

Regards

Tony Morris
    http://www.DVDcoach.com
    Online Computer Training Made Easy

St.George wants me to sign a 3 year contract when opening my merchant account. Since this is a startup business and can fail at anytime I think this is really ridiculous. So I emailed BankWest for a quote on there merchant facility and they quoted me a staggering 0.95% per transaction, with a monthly fee of $2.00, no setup costs.

Now that’s what I call a comprehensive quote :) I just need to draw up a business plan, as that’s required for my application!

Whoo Hoo, so excited about this :)

SmartSocialMedia
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

FaNIX
    Becoming a merchant is only one part of the equation – who is going to be your payment gateway provider? Or are those rates an all in service from the banks?

fanix
    Up
    SmartSocialMedia, post: 25076 wrote:
    FaNIX
    Becoming a merchant is only one part of the equation – who is going to be your payment gateway provider? Or are those rates an all in service from the banks?

NetRegistry will be my gateway provider. They don’t charge any transaction fees, only $55 pm

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.