Home Forums Logistics Quoting Retailer Wanting to Carry Product

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    keithwhitley
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi Everyone,

Longtime reader here that recently joined. My company is now approaching retailers and I am confused as how to generate proper quote when dealing with the purchasing agent or owner? Do I include GST in the quote separate from the price or inclusive?

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

When I had a shop I much preferred a quote to be inclusive of GST and with the gst component shown separately, much like you get in most invoices.
    I suppose it doesn’t really matter much though as long as it is stated obviously either way.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,226
    Up

Hi and welcome [USER=117599]@keithwhitley[/USER]

Thanks for joining the Flying Solo community.

Cheers

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Sadly on a B2B transaction you don’t need to include GST when providing pricing , the ACCC has a lot to answer for on that one.

But from my perspective as a buyer from wholesaler’s, I prefer to see the GST inclusive price. I recently attended the wholesale gift fair, and there was a mish mash of approaches between the wholesalers, so you had to keep asking.

But to avoid any conflict and appear professional to your retailer, you need to be upfront with how you are quoting. They don’t need a surprise later of you later saying ”oh by the way give me 10% more”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.