Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Radio advertising

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    RAds
    • Total posts: 126
    Up
    ::

Has anyone tried it? How effective was it?

I’m just about signed up for the “weather brought to you by X seven words go here” on our local station, with the goal of just raising awareness and letting people know my business exists.

Still struggling with the seven words of course :)

I’m a few days away from formally launching a new site (had it sitting around for months but there’s just so much paperwork to wade through first) and most of my marketing ‘budget’ is simply going to go on petrol, going around to people to talk to them.

The business is a classified ads site for regional Australia. The endgoal is people outside of the big cities doing a type-in of my url when they are looking for something. There’s shocking lack of internet use out here by small businesses so my real argument for potential b2b customers is simply that they can get their stuff on the internet for low cost, rather than spending even more to get a physical ad in a newspaper.

Gavin_S
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

How did you go with your radio campaign?
    Sponsoring the weather/traffic/whatever can give you great exposure but if your business isn’t known to the audience then you would be wise to also book some 30 second spots around the same time to give the audience additional information about who you are and why they should check out your website.
    We book a lot of radio for our clients right around Australia – I’m happy to give you some free advice if you want to contact me. No obligation, just happy to help :-)

Gavin
    http://www.advertisingrewards.com.au

Gavin_S
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

How did you go with your radio campaign?
    Sponsoring the weather/traffic/whatever can give you great exposure but if your business isn’t known to the audience then you would be wise to also book some 30 second spots around the same time to give the audience additional information about who you are and why they should check out your website.
    We book a lot of radio for our clients right around Australia – I’m happy to give you some free advice if you want to contact me. No obligation, just happy to help :-)

Gavin
    http://www.advertisingrewards.com.au

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

If you want to get the highest roiL

1. ensure your target market listens to the radio and specifically the station you are advertising on as well as the time the advertisement is to be aired.

2. Have a clear message that is specific to the unique needs of your target market. dont try to appeal to everyone. narrow it down.

3. dont try to be clever, funny or creative. normally, it kills sales.

4. have a strong, irresistible offer.

5. strong call to action. create urgency.

6. if you are not a corporation with a big budget, don’t try to copy their approach or style.

That’s the fundamentals

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

If you want to get the highest roiL

1. ensure your target market listens to the radio and specifically the station you are advertising on as well as the time the advertisement is to be aired.

2. Have a clear message that is specific to the unique needs of your target market. dont try to appeal to everyone. narrow it down.

3. dont try to be clever, funny or creative. normally, it kills sales.

4. have a strong, irresistible offer.

5. strong call to action. create urgency.

6. if you are not a corporation with a big budget, don’t try to copy their approach or style.

That’s the fundamentals

DavidM
    • Total posts: 329
    Up

Hi rads.

I would recommend you sort our all your customer facing material and processes before you do any mass promotion. Generally radio advertising is best suited to promoting services rather than products. So bear that in mind. Also what you are describing isn’t really an ad spot, but rather what’s called a radio billboard. Because you only get a few words, it’s probably not a good idea for a new business. Because being a new business you need to have a bit of time to state your name, your product, state your difference, build trust and mention a call to action. A fair task for an unknown business.

I would recommend against this opportunity.

DavidM
    • Total posts: 329
    Up

Hi rads.

I would recommend you sort our all your customer facing material and processes before you do any mass promotion. Generally radio advertising is best suited to promoting services rather than products. So bear that in mind. Also what you are describing isn’t really an ad spot, but rather what’s called a radio billboard. Because you only get a few words, it’s probably not a good idea for a new business. Because being a new business you need to have a bit of time to state your name, your product, state your difference, build trust and mention a call to action. A fair task for an unknown business.

I would recommend against this opportunity.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.