Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Radio Advertising – My Trial

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    PRO
    • Total posts: 450
    Up
    ::

Hi All

I am not usually one for old school advertising but with the competitiveness of our Adword keywords ($20-$30 per click) radio is becoming a cheaper option by comparison.

We are running a month of ads on 2 Brisbane radio stations on high rotation. 4BC and Magic 882. Ads are targeting residential conveyancing only at this stage. 2 separate ads, 1 only has our website, 1 only has our phone number in it.

First day was Sunday.

We had 6 times higher unique visits to our website compared to usual on Sunday.

Monday we blew our Adwords budget by midday (rarely exceeds budget over whole day)

We track every new lead, every new matter etc every time. New leads but no conversions yet but nor would expect any after 2 days.

Will report back over time and let you know my results.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Sounds positive,

I am guessing that in your business the potential client wont ring you until they have actually put the deposit on a property, and than its quick lets find a conveyancer.

So hopefully they are in the market, heard your ad, checked out your website and added it to their favorites for when they sign on the dotted line. be interesting if the uptake of your service picks up in a few weeks when they do sign.

Interesting question for your conversions if they say they heard your ad, would also be how long ago

PRO
    Up

Hi Bert

My Direct Mail has a lag of around 30 days from sending to we hit peak conversion rate.

Very interested to see if there is a difference.

PRO
    Up

Time for an update

Time for an update

So over the 1st month

Website traffic consistently up 30%

Adwords budget blown out of the water

Another record month but this month even exceeds our growth predictions by a further 15%

Funnily many people don’t say when you ask that they heard you on radio, the initially say google but dig further and ask if they heard the radio ad before google and they say yes.

Month 2 paid for today so am happy to continue.

MichaelDigital
    • Total posts: 140
    Up

With your business being a specific demographic in the local market, you probably do reach a few with the radio – just wondering if you have tried Facebook targeted advertising, with re-targeting pixels? The relative costs to Adwords is significantly lower, plus you access the specific local audience – do you have a FB business page? Also your website’s position in local searches, organic traffic is going to be much more long term, and cheaper…

PRO
    Up
    MichaelDigital, post: 211146 wrote:
    With your business being a specific demographic in the local market, you probably do reach a few with the radio – just wondering if you have tried Facebook targeted advertising, with re-targeting pixels? The relative costs to Adwords is significantly lower, plus you access the specific local audience – do you have a FB business page? Also your website’s position in local searches, organic traffic is going to be much more long term, and cheaper…

Specific demographic yes and we do radio advertise in Brisbane being the local place. But we conduct settlements everyday that are throughout QLD.

We had a quick go at facebook but nothing much. adwords I spend around $300 a day

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Great to hear Darryl. Most small businesses don’t continue with major city radio advertising as they just can’t get it right and profitable.

Maybe your field of expertise isn’t being challenged by competitor radio advertising as much? which could be contributing to your success.

PRO
    Up
    arrowwise, post: 211187 wrote:
    Great to hear Darryl. Most small businesses don’t continue with major city radio advertising as they just can’t get it right and profitable.

Maybe your field of expertise isn’t being challenged by competitor radio advertising as much? which could be contributing to your success.

4 others are advertising at the moment, 1 of them listed.

Amanda@PrizePig
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Thanks for posting this Darryl. Sydney cap cities are doing a big push again on air to promote radio advertising, I heard this morning that listeners are ‘6 x more likely to visit a website they heard about on the radio’. I wonder what the comparison is though?
    We run a lot of radio competitions for clients who find radio a little expensive to start with. So we give away their product in exchange for some airtime for their brand. I’ve found that almost all of them are pleasantly surprised. – Radio is really engaging, and we find it always increases web traffic. Good luck with the advertising!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.