Home Forums Marketing mastery Rather people go to your Website or Facebook page?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hassle Free Website
    • Total posts: 108

Just wanted to ask people if you had to use only one of these for your business, your website or Facebook page which would it be and why?

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691

Website.

Facebook’s a closed shop to anyone that doesn’t use it. That includes me.

As a non user I’m not sure, but I don’t recall too many facebook pages coming up in Google search results either.

Hassle Free Website
    • Total posts: 108
    Greg_M, post: 268658, member: 38207 wrote:
    As a non user I’m not sure, but I don’t recall too many facebook pages coming up in Google search results either.

Oh very nice point.

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

I use my FB page to send people to my website. I don’t NEED it but it sure helps spread the word quickly when I have something new to offer.

three brains
    • Total posts: 18

Same. Website should be the core of online strategy.

Facebook (and most other social channels) is primarily a media channel to ‘push’ messages out and most people will look at posts but rarely go to an actual page. So, you are generally paying every time for content to appear in people’s feeds.

Whereas with your website, you have way more control over everything. How you interact with your customers, how you capture data and how you drive sales.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472
    three brains, post: 268662, member: 116608 wrote:
    Whereas with your website, you have way more control over everything. How you interact with your customers, how you capture data and how you drive sales.

True, but only if people can find your website

three brains
    • Total posts: 18

Fair point, but the original question did assume you’d already worked out how to get people to ‘go’ somewhere online. Agree that’s a whole other challenge though.

I’d still point FB ads to my website rather than my FB page.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.