Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Re-designed Website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Hushy
    • Total posts: 40
    Up
    ::

I still have some things to finish up here like Portfolio and some filler text, Social icons etc..

Would like to get the FS community’s opinion on the bare bone structure the site has now, If you are looking around for my service would my web site stand out? or would you run away after the first page

http://www.thdmerch.com.au

Cheers and don’t hold back with constructive criticism..

(Add Note.. I’m not interested in SEO experts or designers contacting me so please don’t call or add me to your email lists like last time, I have people and myself about to start work on this.)

Shannon.

Blue Jet
    • Total posts: 189
    Up
    Hushy, post: 187549 wrote:
    I still have some things to finish up here like Portfolio and some filler text, Social icons etc..

Would like to get the FS community’s opinion on the bare bone structure the site has now, If you are looking around for my service would my web site stand out? or would you run away after the first page

Shannon.

Hi,

You have a great looking website there. I think you have over done it with the header/slider/logo on home page, perhaps slightly smaller would look better as at the moment it takes nearly half of my 24” screen :)

If I am looking around for your service and I come across your website I would look for some kind of reviews (positive) that your company has and buy your product regardless your website structure.

All the best,
    Joey

Hushy
    Up

Thanks for you input Joey! Appreciated!

I see what you mean about the header/slider.. these days in web design it seems that bigger is better! I actually scaled that down from a full screen slider. People are even putting video content in their sliders these days.. crazy if you ask me.

Will see what others think, I like it because people see my brand “The two headed dog” before venturing to the site..

Cheers

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Hi – looking good but I would increase the size of the font of the menus if you can. Very small on smaller computers. (see pic)

I also agree that the header image should be smaller because on a smaller laptop it takes over the whole screen. Fine on larger screens.

I think that there are too many images on the home page, which would make it slow to load for some. The idea is to keep the home page simple and entice the viewer to click on the links to get more information.

You mention in your text that a specialty is your work for bands – I would highlight that with a button or graphic to more information on another page. It’s best to have a separate page for each special service.

All the best.

Please see also private message.
    Cheers.

affgar
    • Total posts: 123
    Up

Nice website!

There are some really cool creative elements in it.

Email Us for quote on front page needs some hover work (hard to locate it with mouse).

You could work on your site load times. Not ranking great in speed.
    Make sure your images are as small as they can be when they are uploaded to site.

Do you have a cache plugin?

Great work!
    Really dig it :D

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hi,

It’s quite confusing – there is a huge amount going on – things that I tried to click were not clickable – the navigation is hard to see – the logo at the top takes the entire top half of the browser – not sure how many fonts you have used but it’s a lot.

The eye doesn’t know where to rest and the important elements get lost.

A website is a functioning business tool that should be easy to navigate and easy to find the information you need to make a decision to buy.

Hushy
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 187656 wrote:
    Hi,

It’s quite confusing – there is a huge amount going on – things that I tried to click were not clickable – the navigation is hard to see – the logo at the top takes the entire top half of the browser – not sure how many fonts you have used but it’s a lot.

The eye doesn’t know where to rest and the important elements get lost.

A website is a functioning business tool that should be easy to navigate and easy to find the information you need to make a decision to buy.

@MatthewKeath

Confusing? haha seriously find that hard to believe, All my services are on one page… And listed out with Idea’s for clients who are unsure what they want.

Its funny that the music community that the bulk of my work comes from think the new site is killer, Some even asked me for coding help.

I also looked at your site and wanted to give you some feedback – Your Slider is bigger than my monitor, I went to another page before I realised that there was content under it,

Seriously tho your banner is 1886px × 1257px mine is much smaller than yours and the way mine is set you naturally scroll down, the way yours is set I skipped that entire page with info on it… Just sayin.

@ affgar

Cheers mate, Like I said its bare bones at the moment, a lot of links and stuff have to be created, I don’t have a cache plug-in yet, I don’t really have any extras yet :) Thanks for the Image info, I don’t know why I uploaded the so large….(in size)

Also your site is nice and clean! I need some new Respirator masks! I will put you in my suppliers list!

@KarenC’s

Thanks Karen, I will put the menu in the list, I think I need to change it to responsive txt or something… or consolidate a few things.. Its hard because I don’t want the hamburger to show up on smaller screens… Also I’m going to resize all the images on the front page etc… so they load fast, but in saying that I’m on NBN satellite with about a 2mbps download rate and the site loads fine.. Also thanks for your PM I will reply to that.

Cheer for all the input guys!! And Gals!!

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Hushy, post: 187665 wrote:
    @MatthewKeath
    Confusing? haha seriously find that hard to believe, All my services are on one page… And listed out with Idea’s for clients who are unsure what they want.You asked for feedback mate!

Sorry if I didn’t give you the answer you wanted.

I also never asked for a review for my site, but I see you are that type of person…

THIS is why I don’t bother in this section of the forums :/

Hushy
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 187667 wrote:
    You asked for feedback mate!

Sorry if I didn’t give you the answer you wanted.

I also never asked for a review for my site, but I see you are that type of person…

THIS is why I don’t bother in this section of the forums :/

And thanks for your Feedback Matthew :) its all food for thought, That’s why I posted here

I looked at your site to preview what a professional like yourself would create for your own business, was just pointing out some stuff, I don’t know what you mean by “I’m that type of person” I was just confused by you saying my slider takes up half my page when your slider takes up 120% of my monitor and i missed your content?

Anyhoo, Thanks for your input :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.