Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Reaching for New Fruit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    TaniB
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

Hi All

I’ve been quickly visiting here on and off for about a week and have (hopefully) helped out with some answers to questions on a few posts. I like the quality of content on the site and, since I’m planning on spending a bit more time here, thought I should say ‘Hi’.

I’ve been running my own business coaching consultancy for about 3 years but this year I have decided to scale down my face to face coaching in favour of building an online focus to the business.

I am quite comfortable doing what I do, but I need more leverage (not to mention a new challenge!) For me, this is going out on a huge limb – but as they say, that’s where the fruit is!

Actually, I’d like to focus more on the micro businesses and sole traders which a lot of consultants avoid in favour of SMEs because, frankly, SMEs can afford to pay more. But I like working with the ‘little guys’ (after all – I am one!), so my challenge is to pull something together that is affordable and is fantastic value.

So, I am rapidly wading through all the information I can and refining my new direction. At this stage, I’m learning in fields totally unrelated to my business coaching – just some internet marketing / affiliate marketing stuff – because I don’t want to practise on live ones ;-)

Anyway, if all goes to plan, I would like to draw on past experiences and develop my own online business program / course aimed at micro business owners and start-ups. Obviously, all suggestions as to what should be included would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for being so welcoming,

TaniB

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up
    ::

Hi TaniB

Welcome to the forums, it’s good to have you here. Your ideas sound very interesting and it looks like you’ve come to the right place to develop a course for micros and start ups.

With regards to determining content/focus for such courses, I’d suggest you have a good read of our Understanding Micro Business, 2008 survey.

Happy reading!

Robert

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.