• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ds
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I have just joined up to Flying Solo. I don’t have my own business but am thinking very seriously about doing it. I am currently working in middle management in the public service and am so bored I want to scream. My motivation is zero and I drag myself to work everyday wishing I wasn’t there. I am a lawyer by trade but have no interest in practicing.

What I really do enjoy, and think I am reasonably good at if I do say so myself, is writing. I would love some sort of strategic writing consultant business, but honestly I am not even sure where to start. I am doing a lot of research at the moment and am beginning to pull a bit of a plan together, but still have a lot of work to do. My husband is 100% supportive which is great, but I have to say the thought of taking that leap when I am ready is just so damn scary!

Anyway, that’s me, I look forward to chatting to some of you soon.

Cheers

:-)

ad2405
    Participant
    • Total posts: 66
    Up

Welcome DS!

I myself only joined yesterday and I am looking into purchasing my first business. I have posted several messages on this forum and received a warm welcome and some great help and advice. I’m sure you will find what you need here.

Good Luck, and I look forward to connecting here in the future.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi there DS,

It definitely sounds like it’s time for you to spread your wings. Life is too short to be bored enough to scream five days a week!

Hope it all turns out brilliantly for you, and will look forward to learning what your new business looks like :)

Welcome to the gang!
    Jayne

PerfectNotes-Kathy
    • Total posts: 500
    Up

Hi DS,

You might find that you are able to start up your writing consulting business without actually leaving your day job, depending on exactly what you sort of jobs you end up deciding to take on – giving you a chance to put a toe (or foot, or leg!) in the water before you actually need to jump in fully?

Good luck!

Kathy

Rachael Spicer
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Go for it DS!

I set out by myself doing writing and business analysis type work just over 2 years ago. I’m loving it. Having a supportive husband with a steady income really helps though as the finances can be really variable.

There’s definitely demand out there for writing with a strategic bent, it’s a good differentiator.

ds
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thanks everyone, it is pretty exciting to think about I must say! And awesome to know that there is a supportive online community like this one :-)

Kathy I am thinking of starting out while I am still working, to get the ball rolling and see how I go. Rachael that is great to hear about your business, and that there is demand in this field.

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you more! :-)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.