Home – New Forums Selling online Really need some help with testing a website.

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #984512
    ChicShop.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 28
    Up
    0
    ::

    To the admins – this is not a spam. I really need some help with testing the website.

    Hi everyone,

    My website showing high “Bounce Rate” (visitor only visit one page) in Google Analytics some days and sales drop.

    I just want to verify there are no technical issue cause this problem.

    Could everyone please,

    Google Search – pretty usb flash drives
    – bling computer mouse
    – cool usb flash drives

    and Click on ChicShop.com.au link and visit our website and let me know if there were any issue.

    is it fast and smooth just like any other website you are visiting?

    Thank you in advance

    #1148012
    Osmond Mcleod
    Member
    • Total posts: 134
    Up
    0
    ::

    All 3 worked for me.

    you were first or second in the google results.

    #1148013
    ChicShop.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 28
    Up
    0
    ::
    Osmond Mcleod, post: 169801 wrote:
    All 3 worked for me.

    you were first or second in the google results.

    Thank you so much!!!

    I’m trying to figure out if there are any technical issue browsing my website.

    #1148014
    MatthewKeath
    Member
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    0
    ::

    All works fine with me.

    #1148015
    ChicShop.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 28
    Up
    0
    ::
    MatthewKeath, post: 169805 wrote:
    All works fine with me.

    Thank you so much!!!

    #1148016
    John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up
    0
    ::

    Searching in Google has nothing to do with your bounce rate.

    How much traffic are you getting? It’s pointless saying you have a high bounce rate unless there’s a substantial volume of traffic in which to measure it by.

    #1148017
    ChicShop.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 28
    Up
    0
    ::
    John Romaine, post: 169812 wrote:
    Searching in Google has nothing to do with your bounce rate.

    How much traffic are you getting? It’s pointless saying you have a high bounce rate unless there’s a substantial volume of traffic of which to measure it by.

    Thank you very much for your reply.

    I have 30-100 visit per day.

    I understand that Searching in Google has nothing to do with your bounce rate.

    But weirdly sometimes Google Analytics showing all the new visits have bounced. goes upto 90% (lets says out of 50 visits)

    Somedays like 10% (lets says out of 50 visits)

    Also direct visits to (very) internal pages.

    Now i starting to believe there is something wrong with our Google Analytics.

    My biggest concern was, is these any technical issue with our website. Such as “Session” start delay on some browsers. browser hangs for few sec. Then users decide to leave the website.

    With all of your support. Technical issue is now ruled out!

    Regards,
    ChicShop.com.au

    #1148018
    John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up
    0
    ::

    I’m running FF here on XP and it appears to be fine.

    What’s your overall bounce rate? How old is the site?

    What are the leading exit pages?

    What are your conversion rates?

    #1148019
    Enviro Footprint
    Member
    • Total posts: 94
    Up
    0
    ::

    Shared your page with my networks,

    Totally irrelevant to what I do, but I know some will love these…

    #1148020
    Greg_M
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up
    0
    ::

    I don’t know if it has any connection to your issue, bit I’ve found Google analytics to be wildly inaccurate sometimes.

    I discovered this by accident, when I moved a site (new) to a cloud platform that was tracking page hits internally, down to the individual IP addresses of the computers hitting it. It just so happened I was collaborating with some people on content and new where they were (state and city) and the exact times they were viewing the site and the pages they were on. It all tallied on the server stats … just happened to look at the Google analytics page for the same site (easy to pick because hit no’s were low). The states and cities were wrong, the operating systems were wrong, and so were the page flow numbers.

    This made me check it regularly against my own server stats, the error factor was consistently high.

    Googled around a bit, and got a bit of a shock at how common this can be.

    I still use it, but don’t rely on it.

    #1148021
    ChicShop.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 28
    Up
    0
    ::
    John Romaine, post: 169817 wrote:
    I’m running FF here on XP and it appears to be fine.

    What’s your overall bounce rate? How old is the site?

    What are the leading exit pages?

    What are your What are your conversion rates?s?

    overall bounce : like 37% which is normal for a retail website, i belive.

    Website is little more than 1 year old :-)

    leading exit pages are mostly category pages. But as i mention before Google Analytics showing some very internal pages as landing pages sometimes. I wonder how that happens, unless user bookmark them.

    Because we redirect users to Paypal page at the end of the checkout process. there is no accurate value for conversion rate. Hope to fix this by using Paypal Hosted Pro in near future.

    Thank you very much for your support!!

    #1148022
    ChicShop.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 28
    Up
    0
    ::
    Enviro Footprint, post: 169851 wrote:
    Shared your page with my networks,

    Totally irrelevant to what I do, but I know some will love these…

    Thank you very much :-)

    #1148023
    ChicShop.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 28
    Up
    0
    ::
    estim8, post: 169865 wrote:
    I don’t know if it has any connection to your issue, bit I’ve found Google analytics to be wildly inaccurate sometimes.

    I discovered this by accident, when I moved a site (new) to a cloud platform that was tracking page hits internally, down to the individual IP addresses of the computers hitting it. It just so happened I was collaborating with some people on content and new where they were (state and city) and the exact times they were viewing the site and the pages they were on. It all tallied on the server stats … just happened to look at the Google analytics page for the same site (easy to pick because hit no’s were low). The states and cities were wrong, the operating systems were wrong, and so were the page flow numbers.

    This made me check it regularly against my own server stats, the error factor was consistently high.

    Googled around a bit, and got a bit of a shock at how common this can be.

    I still use it, but don’t rely on it.

    Thank you very much for the info.

    Now i believe Google Analytics data not that accurate too.

    Google claim that they are not using Google Analytics data for website rankings.

    Always good to know there are no technical issue with the website.

    Thank you for your support.

    Have a lovely weekend

    #1148024
    John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up
    0
    ::
    ChicShop.com.au, post: 169892 wrote:
    overall bounce : like 37% which is normal for a retail website, i belive.

    Website is little more than 1 year old :-)

    leading exit pages are mostly category pages. But as i mention before Google Analytics showing some very internal pages as landing pages sometimes. I wonder how that happens, unless user bookmark them.

    Because we redirect users to Paypal page at the end of the checkout process. there is no accurate value for conversion rate. Hope to fix this by using Paypal Hosted Pro in near future.

    Thank you very much for your support!!

    ChicShop.com.au, post: 169892 wrote:
    overall bounce : like 37% which is normal for a retail website, i belive.

    37% bounce rate is acceptable. Infact, I think that’s quite good.

    ChicShop.com.au, post: 169892 wrote:
    How internal is internal? If people are dropping in on pages like yourdomain.com.au/category/item/product.php?id=2345&cat=4&colour=red&size=xxl&SID=98736444 then you need to address this using canonical URL’s and potentially noindex, nofollowing any deep query pages.

    ChicShop.com.au, post: 169892 wrote:
    Because we redirect users to Paypal page at the end of the checkout process. there is no accurate value for conversion rate.

    You should be redirecting the user BACK to your site AFTER purchase to a thank you page, that you use to measure conversions. You don’t need a fancy paypal account to do this.

    #1148025
    ChicShop.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 28
    Up
    0
    ::

    John Romaine Thank you for your reply.

    Paypal redirect customers back to “Thank you” page of our website but Google Analytics have seems to loose track of some of these transactions.

    Even tho, Paypal sends the IPN and our website seems to capture the IPN without no problem so it’s successfully record on our website.

    I haven’t blocked any URL using NOFOLLOW or NOINDEX or robots.txt. This topic has been in Google Webmaster Central quite sometime and some claim Google knows what to index and not to index. Looking at pages Google has index, our website seems to be doing ok.

    Regards,
    ChicShop.com.au

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.