Home – New Forums Tech talk reccomendations for website templates please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Obbie
    • Total posts: 31
    Up
    ::

I have decided to start another business, as hire cars for weddings.
    I just have to build a website for it.

Can anyone recommend which templates to use. I have a small budget at the moment.

I have my business plan all done, getting great feed back from people. It is a niche market, so all good. I can also operate it from our current office. Planning to take bookings from January 2015.

I can do wordpress if that is any help.

Thanks, Robyn

John Templeton
    • Total posts: 65
    Up

Wordpress is a good place to start. Loads of different templates and not going to break the bank either. Good luck.

nado
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Why not get one custom made that matches your branding and marketing? We’re currently working on a service that does this cheaply: http://www.brisx.com/

SACKO – Head Office
    • Total posts: 35
    Up

Hi Robyn

There are actually free templates that you can find in the web. The thing is, you might not achieve the design that you want to show to your perspective clients.

Using WordPress is certainly a great start. You can find a lot of tutorials on how to use it and also plugins to improve the appearance of your site.

Now if you are not really into web designing, it would be best to trust your online store to someone professional. There are some companies that offer web design packages.

Good luck on your online store!

Regards,
    Edelyn

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

If you absolutely MUST use templates you could also check out Templatemonster.com they have a pretty big range.

Obbie
    • Total posts: 31
    Up

Thanks so much for all your help.
    I have been getting fantastic feedback, and lots of people wanting to help.

Thank you again

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Octopus Labs, post: 187142 wrote:
    If you absolutely MUST use templates you could also check out Templatemonster.com they have a pretty big range.Nothing wrong with using Templates.

Try Woothemes – great themes.

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

use wordpress, and then buy a decent theme (woo/themenectar/themeforest etc that is well build/coded/supported)…if you have the time its very possible to DIY a good WP site.

redleaftea
    • Total posts: 53
    Up

Off topic where are you based and what sort of cars? I’m getting married in February next year and hire cars are next on the list of things to get sorted

martin.firth
    • Total posts: 259
    Up

There’s a new user on FS, Fond Digital Agency, who use a nice theme.

Brooklyn

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    martin.firth, post: 189876 wrote:
    There’s a new user on FS, Fond Digital Agency, who use a nice theme.

BrooklynHopefully somebody could explain to me why when I scroll, I jump past half the content and then find myself trying to scroll back and I scroll past everything again!

So many themes do this and I can’t for the life of me figure out why.

martin.firth
    • Total posts: 259
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 189912 wrote:
    Hopefully somebody could explain to me why when I scroll, I jump past half the content and then find myself trying to scroll back and I scroll past everything again!

So many themes do this and I can’t for the life of me figure out why.

Because the front end developers are trying to be clever, and interpret the user’s scrolling input as something other than ‘I want to go down a little bit, I know what I’m doing, let me get on with it’.

Might seem flashy in concept, but not very practical. This is why UX designers exist. This feature can be disabled in that particular theme.

Design Point
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Hi Robyn,

We can setup a professional website design for your business at an affordable price. Check out our website or contact me at [email protected]

Thanks,

Adrian

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

so what did you go for?

if still deciding, as a DIY person, make sure the theme comes with full support. being able to ask the coder who made the theme to explain specific theme option issues, or how to make custom tweaks is very handy if you get stuck…

stingrae007
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

For some simple ones that are easy to use with ASP.Net, try http://www.oswd.org/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.