Home – New Forums Money matters receiving c/c payments via an iphone/app

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    topdog
    • Total posts: 64
    Up
    ::

as a carpenter , I some times have to wait 30-60-90 days for payment from jobs mainly real estate and other corporates (which I do a lot of) but also residential ,which is very annoying to say the least. nothing more frustrating than being owed $1000s things get tight and these people ignore my terms 7days and drag it out ! anyway ,

is there an iphone app at all that I can scan a c/c on or get the client to type in their c/c details into my phone and payment goes directly into my biz acc ?

is it that easy ? or do I need a special acc or ?

any info would be great !!!

cheers

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

I believe you can do that through PayPal. You’d need to set up an account with them and you would need to do the transfer yourself to your bank account. But you can accept credit card payments. I’ve seen it promoted but haven’t used it.

Stratapay mentions that you can get instant payments via your phone too. See http://www.stratapay.com/SOLUTIONS/INDUSTRYSOLUTIONS/tabid/360/Default.aspx for information. Stratapay does pay straight into your account.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Topdog,

There are a few options for you, but the most important thing is to have the payement terms agreed upon before you commence work and have signoff on that. Search the forum for other unfotunate incidents where payment has been difficult to recieve.

The options I know of; the cheapest is to give them an invoice and ask them to do the transfer into your bank on the spot using their computer.

for about $30 per month you can get a mobile eftpos machine, that works of the mobile towers. (preferred)

I’ve heard of a payment system where they send you a card reader like you mentioned that interfaces with your phone – it could be paypal not sure. This is good but if your customer hasnt seen it before they could wonder what it is your doing with their card.

None of these will solve your real estate issue, their not likely to hand a card over for processing. Best thing to do there is get a contract written which has late payment clauses. Or get friendly with them so they expedite your payment, or adjust the job cost to compensate for the 90days terms. (I dont know of any institutions who loan for 90 days interest free)

best of luck,

Steve

Rhys
    • Total posts: 325
    Up

Hi Topdog,

I just replied to your query about overall solution for your business systems (“speeding up paperwork”), but for the query below if you Google “credit card payments on Iphone” you’ll get loads of solutions.

One that I really like is the “square” – credit card reader that plus into your Iphone – https://squareup.com/au

Cheers, Rhys

Melanie Miller Biz Coach
    • Total posts: 90
    Up

I coached an Electrician that had the same issue. We figured out that half of the residential jobs he was doing were worth nothing after he faffed about with invoices and chasing people up for months on end.

He started using a mobile EFT which does have a cost ($30-$40/month). This was a whole lot less that the cost of the time he was wasting chasing people around.

Another client of mine uses ANZ who offer a mobile payment gateway.

http://www.anz.com.au/personal/ways-bank/mobile-banking/banking-iphone/

They love it and have not had a problem. They used the PayPal system with the swipe for a while but had constant issues.

Hope that helps,

Melanie
    http://www.agent99hq.com.au

Sydney Business
    • Total posts: 141
    Up

Hi Topdog

You need to get a relationship with the accounts department, call them and have a chat and get to know them. They will be far more accommodating once they know you and you explain that you really can’t wait longer than 7days for payment.

Ask them when the best time is for you to submit invoices as this may also help them.

Also check that you invoices have the relevant information for them to be able to direct credit the funds as this is the standard way for people to pay now.

There are MANY choices to receive credit cards, you may need to do some more research to see what will work for you and your business, there are inexpensive solutions.

mr031
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

I have a anz app on my iphone, works great, 2.8%fee which I simple incur in the bill, or 10$ per month, I get the money next day. I’m a tradesman and wish I got it soon as a lot of people/business only have a credit card at the time of need the job done.

topdog
    • Total posts: 64
    Up

ive got terms and conditions on my quotes which they sign , and I add administration fees when there late , and I get a large deposit (sometimes half or more) up front .

being a sole trader what ive come to realise is these big corporates see a an invoice and they simply just think there far superior and have the mentality that he wont bother us over a $1000 or 5000 or 100 /200 and if he does we just wont give him work again. this is what they think , also thinking what hes going to take us to court over a few 100 bucks or a few 1000 dollars he wont waste his time .

I use to think that too , then I had enough!!!

ive taken 3 large companies to court (they’ll stay nameless) over $400, 1100, 3500 each time ive won and each time awarded extra in admin costs (max 3%) and each time awarded more again for time chasing etc . believe me they were gobsmacked wanted to settle before the case for more than the amount I was after, I was threatened (in each case ) and I dragged everyone of them through it , with great pleasure I might add !! like a dog with a bone , I made it my lifes work (that was my mentality) to get what was owed and see it out !! I had every email call receipt txt you name it collated . and the the right person won , simple .

whole things a shame really they could’ve paid on time and I could’ve continued doing good work , but where one door shuts another opens for the better . I have absolutely no hesitation these days I say remember you signed t&c’s its my terms/rules now not yours !!

its a classic case of the big guy vs the small guy .

real estate wise though its pretty common eg 30/60/90 day accounts , these days when I do a one off with a new real estate /strata I state clearly my terms (7 days ) they agree no probs they don’t its either bye bye or I agree to what they offer maybe fortnight etc . if they tell me in advance 14 days 30 days what ever then its my business decision , not there decision which is forced from me . and ill add if there going to be that way on the 1st job of a few 100 bucks then I don’t want to deal with them when something goes wrong or needs fixing in the 1000s !!!

anyway side tracked .

that square up looks the goods ill just ad the 2.75% to there bill maybe make a profit off the big guys there too lol hahahaha

thx for the replies again

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.