Home – New Forums Tech talk Recomend Social Media Report Tools?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    MedalDisplays.com.au
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

Hi gang,

I’m about to start working one day per week managing another business’s social media marketing.

I have been learning and practicing SMM for a couple of years now but as this is for someone else I would to be able to provide weekly reports of my performance to show evidence of it being a worthwhile business investment.

Can anybody recommend some tools? I would like to show weekly increase in follower numbers, reach and engagement. There must be an easier way than to trawl through each platform and record the figures manually?

Hope you can help, it’s my first time handling social media for somebody else and I want to set up a professional system and reporting process from the start.

Thanks.

MedalDisplays.com.au
    Up

Obviously spelling titles correctly would be a bit more professional!

help4bis.com
    • Total posts: 268
    Up

hootsuite works for me.

MedalDisplays.com.au
    Up

Thanks, I’m playing with it now, it’s perfect! I had checked out socialreport.com as well but HS seems more logical so far.

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

Make sure you track the metrics that matter.

Sales, conversions and leads.

Avoid tracking vanity metrics #wasteoftime

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up

I agree with John.

Be careful what you offer to businesses in regards to this. I’ve seen a few people offering social media services and to me I can’t really see much value in what they’re offering.

As a business if I was to invest in SMM services I’d want to know what the return would be and how it could increase sales, leads and conversions as john mentioned.

You’d be much better showing a monthly report on that rather than the amount of new followers, shares, subscribers etc. that they’ve received which doesn’t mean anything on its own.

All the best and I hope this helps.

MedalDisplays.com.au
    Up

Thanks guys. So it’s more of a Google Analytics thing? Anyway, I’m still loving Hootsuite for working efficiently!

help4bis.com
    Up
    MedalDisplays.com.au, post: 197501 wrote:
    Thanks guys. So it’s more of a Google Analytics thing? Anyway, I’m still loving Hootsuite for working efficiently!

I like that, we are in the same boat. That is why we are Hootsuite Solution Partners.

Jamie

John Romaine
    Participant
    Up
    help4bis.com, post: 197517 wrote:
    I like that, we are in the same boat. That is why we are Hootsuite Solution Partners.

Jamie

I don’t use Hootsuite, but if I understand it correctly, you simply punch in a single message and it broadcasts across all of your social media channels in one hit.

Is that right?

help4bis.com
    Up
    John Romaine, post: 197524 wrote:
    I don’t use Hootsuite, but if I understand it correctly, you simply punch in a single message and it broadcasts across all of your social media channels in one hit.

Is that right?

Yes

Jamie

John Romaine
    Participant
    Up
    help4bis.com, post: 197527 wrote:
    Yes

Jamie

That’s what I refer to as “shotgun marketing”, in that you blast stuff everywhere without really knowing what’s working and what isn’t.

You *really* should be posting to your social media accounts manually, using trackable links.

Those few minutes you’re going to save, by pressing a single button, instead of doing it properly is going to cost you a LOT of wasted time and money.

You MUST know your numbers.

help4bis.com
    Up
    John Romaine, post: 197528 wrote:
    That’s what I refer to as “shotgun marketing”, in that you blast stuff everywhere without really knowing what’s working and what isn’t.

You *really* should be posting to your social media accounts manually, using trackable links.

Those few minutes you’re going to save, by pressing a single button, instead of doing it properly is going to cost you a LOT of wasted time and money.

You MUST know your numbers.

You asked if it could do that, and the answer is YES. If that is how you run your social media campaigns, well that is up to you.
    You CAN post individual posts to individual social accounts.

Do not jump into other conclusions based upon a specific question, the answer given does not exclude other functionality.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.