Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Recommendations or advice on websites

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    K M
    • Total posts: 22
    Up
    ::

Hi, I am just after some simple advice on the best way to get started with a website. I am currently looking at opening an online clothing store. I wish to start my website with a company who can start me off with something basic/ beginner, but still trustworthy, but then also later take my business to the next level in creating a more exciting website once the business generates enough profit.

I am completely new to all of this, so any advice at all is a huge help. If anyone has any recommendations that would be great, there is so much to choose from. Or even if anyone is familiar with what sort of price I would be looking at to start this sort of website, so I know what to look for when shopping around. I have been advised by a proffesional that a decent website for an online store would start around $10,000 to $15,000. Does this sound correct.

Thanks very much,

Kristy M.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Kristy,

Daunting task ahead of you, although highly rewarding once you knuckle down and get it done.. as for the asking price of an ecommerce site, oh boy.. that can vary deeply, we were advised $20k plus… with bells and whistles and all sorts of stuff,,,,

May i suggest you hit the forum directory click here which will have a few options of peeps within the community.. may i also suggest you read through those that contribute here and see what they say in general, this can allow you to ‘get to know’ the developer without engaging them to see if you feel you may be a good fit.. just a personal comment, not a must….

Good luck and look forward to hearing more about your progress.

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Ethnic Indian Art
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

Hi Kristy,

I have sent you a private message on the developers of my website http://www.indiantribalart.com.au (URL). Let me know if you need more information.

Cheers,

Ralph

Ondetto
    • Total posts: 110
    Up

Hi Kristy,

just sent you a PM :-)

It shouldn’t be this expensive UNLESS you need custom features. If you are after a standard eCommerce feature set, there are cheaper ways of setting this up.

Frederike

K M
    Up

Thank you Ralph, Jason & Frderike for the advice it was very useful.

I’ll post again if I have any further questions.

Kristy.

easypeas
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

Hi Kristy,
    Online stores do vary quite a lot in price, depending on how many products you have and your design requirements, but if you are looking to start out it is often best to start with a basic design, then upgrade this down the track once the business proves itself.
    Bigcommerce is what I set my clients up with as it ticks absolutely all the boxes for small and large ecommerce stores.
    Most stores I setup will be below $5k… and some as little as $1k.
    I hope that helps.
    cheers,
    Gav

K M
    Up

Hi Gav,

Thanks for the advice. I’m glad I posted this question because I revived all the answers I needed straight away! Really pleased with everyone’s commitment to help. I’ve also been reading through tons of old threads and found answers to other questions I’ve had.

I’ve already made contact with a company who will be designing my eCommerce site for me and I am really satisfied with all the features included and the overall price.

Thanks again for helping answer my question it’s good confirmation I’m on the right track. :)

Cheers,

Kristy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.