Home – New Forums Money matters Record-keeping software for cash business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Dardee
    • Total posts: 430
    Up
    ::

All the packages mentioned are capable of doing the job based on the brief amount of information supplied. The key is how you use them and that all comes from how they are set up.

Set whatever system you choose up properly to suit your requirements and you won’t have any problems. Get it wrong, and you will chase your tail forever.

Dardee
    Up

All the packages mentioned are capable of doing the job based on the brief amount of information supplied. The key is how you use them and that all comes from how they are set up.

Set whatever system you choose up properly to suit your requirements and you won’t have any problems. Get it wrong, and you will chase your tail forever.

CG
    • Total posts: 101
    Up

Karen – many thanks for your suggestion, especially valuable from someone in a similar business. I did download the Nominal trial but couldn’t work out where cash sales or cash expenditure would go. It seemed to be entirely based on raising and paying invoices. How are you handling yours?

I’d also prefer an online system so I could set up and catch up from home as my time in the shop is limited and the computer there is in use much of the time for keeping track of rentals. But it’s there that the daily records and bills awaiting payment are kept.

CG
    Up

Karen – many thanks for your suggestion, especially valuable from someone in a similar business. I did download the Nominal trial but couldn’t work out where cash sales or cash expenditure would go. It seemed to be entirely based on raising and paying invoices. How are you handling yours?

I’d also prefer an online system so I could set up and catch up from home as my time in the shop is limited and the computer there is in use much of the time for keeping track of rentals. But it’s there that the daily records and bills awaiting payment are kept.

CG
    Up

Appreciative thanks to all for your suggestions. I’ve replied directly to one or two but have been too busy setting up trial accounts to respond to each as you posted.

Most of the packages do so much more than I want or need that I can’t expect anyone else to learn their way round them just to take over record-keeping from me for a month.

Now if there were a simple online cash-book with user-defined in & out categories it might be different, but I haven’t found one yet.

As Paycycle say they’ll ‘grandfather’ existing users who don’t want the full Xero offering, I’ll probably stick with them as I’ve got it more or less tamed, but will keep ePayroll in mind as an alternative if/when Paycycle is no longer offered on its own.

CG
    Up

Appreciative thanks to all for your suggestions. I’ve replied directly to one or two but have been too busy setting up trial accounts to respond to each as you posted.

Most of the packages do so much more than I want or need that I can’t expect anyone else to learn their way round them just to take over record-keeping from me for a month.

Now if there were a simple online cash-book with user-defined in & out categories it might be different, but I haven’t found one yet.

As Paycycle say they’ll ‘grandfather’ existing users who don’t want the full Xero offering, I’ll probably stick with them as I’ve got it more or less tamed, but will keep ePayroll in mind as an alternative if/when Paycycle is no longer offered on its own.

Normanby
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

My $0.02 worth: Xero can cope with all that, the cash takings and expenses paid using cash too.
    I’ve used Banklink and MYOB live accounts to evaluate bank-feed systems, and Xero left them both in the dust.
    I used Xero for 12 months for my own practice’s bookkeeping before being confident to recommend it to clients. I now have a couple of dozen clients on Xero, and their BASes and tax returns are so simple that their accounting bills have come way down (unthinkable!).
    Cheers,
    Matt Waite
    Accountant
    http://www.nohassleaccounting.com.au

Normanby
    Up

My $0.02 worth: Xero can cope with all that, the cash takings and expenses paid using cash too.
    I’ve used Banklink and MYOB live accounts to evaluate bank-feed systems, and Xero left them both in the dust.
    I used Xero for 12 months for my own practice’s bookkeeping before being confident to recommend it to clients. I now have a couple of dozen clients on Xero, and their BASes and tax returns are so simple that their accounting bills have come way down (unthinkable!).
    Cheers,
    Matt Waite
    Accountant

Phillip P
    • Total posts: 254
    Up

Your missing one point that the poster had made.. cheap, quick and easy!

Phillip P
    • Total posts: 254
    Up

Your missing one point that the poster had made.. cheap, quick and easy!

Normanby
    Up

Nope, no point missed, I find Xero cheap, quick and easy.
    Which of those three points are you disputing and why?

Matt Waite
    Accountant

Normanby
    Up

Nope, no point missed, I find Xero cheap, quick and easy.
    Which of those three points are you disputing and why?

Matt Waite
    Accountant

Dardee
    Up

I agree with Normanby.

What is not cheap, quick and easy about Xero? For a cash business the bank feeds are fantastic. Couple that with the Cash Coding feature and it is all done in no time.

Remember to factor in the time saving with Xero into any cost calculations.

Dardee
    Up

I agree with Normanby.

What is not cheap, quick and easy about Xero? For a cash business the bank feeds are fantastic. Couple that with the Cash Coding feature and it is all done in no time.

Remember to factor in the time saving with Xero into any cost calculations.

Normanby
    Up

True ’nuff.
    One client I recently converted from QuickBooks to Xero was paying her bookkeeper $200 a month for data entry into QB. In Xero one of my bookkeepers gets a month’s worth done in about 40 minutes. Adding the monthly cost of Xero and the client is only up for about $90 per month now.
    Easy as!

Matt Waite
    Accountant

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.