Home – New Forums Other discussions Recourse on missing article – where do you stand?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lorie Brink
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hi guys
    A friend is having issues with a missing article from a business in Bne. The item (automotive) is a non standard size therefore went down as ‘parcel post’. It was posted from FNQ this way and received by the business down there. That part was trackable.

The business in Bne is saying he’s posted the item back. Somewhere between there and here it has gone missing. If it went down from here as ‘parcel post’ it would have to have left the business in the same way, so one would presume it has a tracking number on it (the Aust Post parcel post). My understanding is most business have an in-house ‘mail register’ for their own reference. Do you think the same?

Aust Post say they can’t help, the business in Bne says it’s not their problem.

Your views, suggestions and any other helpful information would be welcome! This part is a vital piece in the running of his vehicle :)

Thanks in advance

Lorie

ray_223
    • Total posts: 594
    Up

Just to get this straight …

A business sent a parcel to a customer registered with Australia Post

The customer received the parcel and for some reason sent it back?

The parcel is now missing?

—-
    If I have got the story straight …

Did the customer consult with the business before sending it back?
    Did the customer register the parcel when sending it back?
    And insure it?

Unless there was an agreement before sending the parcel back the customer is liable to pay for it.

If they are a great customer just write it off.

If not, try and talk to the customer and explain we didn’t even know you sent it back – if we knew you would do this we would ask you to register and insure the package for the very reason of what has happened.

Lorie Brink
    Up

Hi Ray

To clarify … we are the customer and sent the article down by parcel post.

The business down there reckons they’ve sent the item back by normal post, therefore no tracking facility.

Aust. Post can’t help and the business isn’t being very forthcoming with assistance.

Payment has already been made to the business prior to ‘dispatch’.

Thanks

jasonm
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

The way I look at it, its the responsibility of the sender to ship the item with some form of tracking. I would put the onus on them to provide proof that they actually shipped it.

I got bitten once in my ebay trading days, at the time I gave the option of tracking which the buyer didn’t take up then moaned to me that it never arrived. Fortunately his was the only item I shipped and still had the aust post receipt with the weight and postcode so scanned it through and told him tough luck. As far as I am concerned now, there is no option. Anything I send to a customer or returning to a business I have purchased from I always use a trackable service.

ray_223
    • Total posts: 594
    Up

I think it’s a bit tricky.
    Did you specify how you wanted it sent back?

From Australia Posts point of view if it wasn’t insured bad luck.
    How long has it been?
    We sometimes send packages that take 6-9 days to get to Sydney when 95% get there overnight – and we can never find out why it took so long.

You could ask the Dept. of Fair Trading (as it is called in NSW, not sure what they called in QLD?) and ask for their advice.

Lorie Brink
    Up

Hi Ray and PowerProtect

Thanks for your advice, can’t do much now except have a Happy Easter and enjoy the break :-)

They’re looking into it and hopefully there’ll be a solution worked out next week.

Thanks again

Cheers

Lorie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.