Home – New Forums Other discussions Recruitment

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    HRS
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Recruitment Industry Anyone?

Hi all,

Just wondered if there are any soloists involved in recruitment businesses and if they might be interested in sharing thoughts on client agreements as well as candidate engagement and referral.

Thanks

Ben

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Hi Ben – It may be better if you amend the title of your thread, perhaps to something like ‘Recruitment industry anyone?’ – just a thought.
    Thanks for posting! Robert

HRS
    Up
    robert_gerrish, post: 501 wrote:
    Hi Ben – It may be better if you amend the title of your thread, perhaps to something like ‘Recruitment industry anyone?’ – just a thought.
    Thanks for posting! Robert

Thanks Robert appreciate the feedback. I checked member profiles but couldn’t see anyone listed in the industry.

Flying Accountant online
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Re: Recruitment Industry Anyone?

Hi Ben

I have been involved in the recruitment industry for many years now – primarily as a CFO/Finance Director running international companies.

I now run my own accounting practice servicing that industry and other industries as well.

I certainly have views on the types of agreements you are talking about.

The agreements you are talking about, are PSA’s (preferred supplier agreements) which really came to life in the 90’s when large corporate style recruitment firms were looking to try and lock in or formalise relationships with clients.
    They don’t necessarily mean anything contractually – or they can depending on how they are written – but merely tend to be a formal process of recognising a commitment to a relationship between two parties. ie if you comitt to give us 20 roles, the recruitment firm will charge say 14% when the going rate might be 17%.

If you are looking to use a recruiter – I would be happy to share my views with you. Typically people engage with people and the relationships each recruiter holds determines their financial success or failure.

Hope this helps – happy to post on any other questions you may have.
    Martyn

Ric Willmot
    • Total posts: 141
    Up

Hi Ben,
    What is the contextual framework to your post?
    What is your objective?
    Rgds,
    Ric

HRS
    Up

Re: Recruitment Industry Anyone?

[email protected], post: 636 wrote:
    Hi Ben

I have been involved in the recruitment industry for many years now – primarily as a CFO/Finance Director running international companies.

I now run my own accounting practice servicing that industry and other industries as well.

I certainly have views on the types of agreements you are talking about.

The agreements you are talking about, are PSA’s (preferred supplier agreements) which really came to life in the 90’s when large corporate style recruitment firms were looking to try and lock in or formalise relationships with clients.
    They don’t necessarily mean anything contractually – or they can depending on how they are written – but merely tend to be a formal process of recognising a commitment to a relationship between two parties. ie if you comitt to give us 20 roles, the recruitment firm will charge say 14% when the going rate might be 17%.

If you are looking to use a recruiter – I would be happy to share my views with you. Typically people engage with people and the relationships each recruiter holds determines their financial success or failure.

Hope this helps – happy to post on any other questions you may have.
    Martyn

Hi Martyn,

Thank you for your reply. I understand the basic concept but was interested to see what other individuals might be doing to secure agreements with clients. In particular details on monthly retainers and supply of HR/Retension strategies to present value to the client whilst ensuring regular revenue flow for my business.
    As well as this ways to attract business from smaller operators that often find the cost of external recruitment a hurdle.

As for the engagement of candidates – again wanting to see what others might be doing to ensure quality ongoing relationships with candidates and to promote word of mouth.

Thanks again,

Ben

HRS
    Up
    Ric Willmot, post: 791 wrote:
    Hi Ben,
    What is the contextual framework to your post?
    What is your objective?
    Rgds,
    Ric

Hi Ric,

See reply to Martyn but essentially wanting to gain insights on how other boutique recruitment operators might be approaching their relationships with both clients and candidates.

Kind regards

Ben

Ric Willmot
    • Total posts: 141
    Up

Wow, Ben … that’s a long discussion. :)

I have been consulting to the recruitment profession for over four years now and the CEO of the RCSA (Julie Mills) has direct access to me. I’ve spoken at their national conferences and at another 20 congresses and seminars around Australia. I also write for the Recruitment Journal magazine.

Next year I will be delivering over a dozen executive leadership and management programs in New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai and Jakarta specifically to the recruitment industry.

If you want to ask me any specific questions, I’m happy for you to drop me a note.

Here is a link to a page on my website that you may be interested in also, Ben. Recruitment Professionals.

All the very best.
    Rgds,
    Ric

HRS
    Up

Hi Ric,

I have read through some of your articles and will continue next week when things are a little quiet. I might come back to you after that as there is some really interesting pieces on there. Much appreciated.

Ben

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.