Home – New Forums Selling online Reducing international shipping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    KenR60
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hello everyone, I have a product that sells very well here in Australia that I create. The finished item sells for $170 Delivered and fills a cardboard box of 60x40x25cm and weighs around 6kg. Sending within Australia isn’t a problem or price concern, selling to NZ increases the cost to an extra $50, I have multiple enquires every month from America but I have to tell them shipping costs as much as what the product costs and turn them away.

Is there a method I could reduce this down, I have thought about sending 100 of them boxed all at once but then I need to find a seller in America that isn’t going to just take off with the money. Any advise would be most appreciated on how I could achieve this.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Have you thought about enlisting a 3PL company in the other country. Give them an inventory of say 100 boxes, then they ship if/when the orders roll in. I’m guessing (you need to check it out), that sending bulk boxes, and the cost of the 3PL would be less then shipping individually. It may not work but worth investigating.

glenn.yench
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    KenR60, post: 265959, member: 114961 wrote:
    Hello everyone, I have a product that sells very well here in Australia that I create. The finished item sells for $170 Delivered and fills a cardboard box of 60x40x25cm and weighs around 6kg. Sending within Australia isn’t a problem or price concern, selling to NZ increases the cost to an extra $50, I have multiple enquires every month from America but I have to tell them shipping costs as much as what the product costs and turn them away.

Is there a method I could reduce this down, I have thought about sending 100 of them boxed all at once but then I need to find a seller in America that isn’t going to just take off with the money. Any advise would be most appreciated on how I could achieve this.

I’m living in America doing something similar, have the same problems trying to have product in multiple countries! Get in contact!

yingiyn
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

bump post – have you found a solution to this? Any 3PL to recommend for australia business? Not a good feeling having to turn customers away given demand is there obviously.

storewall
    Participant
    • Total posts: 28
    Up

Maybe find a similar forum to this one focused on the US market or a blogger that writes on small micro businesses. They will have local contacts that they can share.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.