• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

I was looking for an accountant in Perth earlier on, you can have a look in the referral section of the forum. Then suddenly i had a burning question pop in my head.

What am I doing different/unique so that my customers would refer my business to theirs friends and family?

My answer was: Nothing. (I was shocked)

So I was wondering to get some ideas and tips from you guys and from your experience regards a referral system or so?

Cheers
    Jenish

There is a book called Booked Solid that talks about referral systems. The best way to get referrals is actually first to have a great service that people will talk about, and second to refer work to others.

After that you could pay for referrals (we do, but we don’t get much work this way) and you can encourage referrals by printing that on your invoice/business card etc.

There is a book called Booked Solid that talks about referral systems. The best way to get referrals is actually first to have a great service that people will talk about, and second to refer work to others.

After that you could pay for referrals (we do, but we don’t get much work this way) and you can encourage referrals by printing that on your invoice/business card etc.

A formal referral system is only as good as your unique selling proposition

You asked the right question but allow me to expand it on behalf of your prospects.

Why should I choose you over every and any other available options to me including doing nothing?

Now the quickest way to differentiate yourself is to choose a demographic or petrographic and cater just to them.

It helps if you are or were one of them because then you can prove that you understand their hopes and pains.

Notice i haven’t mentioned anything about promoting your brand, service product?

Treat the target market as someone you are trying to “court”. How would you do it? Don’t need to shower them with expensive stuff. pay attention to them. connect and engage.

stop thinking business and start thinking relationship. Then target high value clients within your market. The ones who don’t bargain too much bcos they’ve been burnt by being cheap.

All the best.

A formal referral system is only as good as your unique selling proposition

You asked the right question but allow me to expand it on behalf of your prospects.

Why should I choose you over every and any other available options to me including doing nothing?

Now the quickest way to differentiate yourself is to choose a demographic or petrographic and cater just to them.

It helps if you are or were one of them because then you can prove that you understand their hopes and pains.

Notice i haven’t mentioned anything about promoting your brand, service product?

Treat the target market as someone you are trying to “court”. How would you do it? Don’t need to shower them with expensive stuff. pay attention to them. connect and engage.

stop thinking business and start thinking relationship. Then target high value clients within your market. The ones who don’t bargain too much bcos they’ve been burnt by being cheap.

All the best.

bridiej
    Khalid Adam, post: 113966 wrote:

All the best.

Spot on – the key is to make yourself the first and obvious choice when someone hears about someone else being in the market for your services.

bridiej
    Khalid Adam, post: 113966 wrote:

All the best.

Spot on – the key is to make yourself the first and obvious choice when someone hears about someone else being in the market for your services.

Thanks Bridej, khalid & create develop.

really appreciate you all sharing the tips with me. my next question would be have you seen any referral systems or so that work?

Cheers
    Jenish

Thanks Bridej, khalid & create develop.

really appreciate you all sharing the tips with me. my next question would be have you seen any referral systems or so that work?

Cheers
    Jenish

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.