Home – New Forums Logistics Refundable deposit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kirra101
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,
    My business is a small hire company. I take a refundable damage deposit from clients.

Currently invoicing them for the entire amount together. On the first item line on price of hire purchase and then the second item line the refundable damage deposit $500. Then manually refunding it when its returned all safe. It’s a little bit annoying with the balancing the invoices, and time taken.

Does anyone know a why of taking a “hold” on someones credit card? EG $500 for a week until the hire item is returned then un hold this amount or take the $500 if required?

A little like a car company would?

Thanks so much for your help!

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    ::
    Kirra101, post: 239594, member: 86938 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,
    My business is a small hire company. I take a refundable damage deposit from clients.

Currently invoicing them for the entire amount together. On the first item line on price of hire purchase and then the second item line the refundable damage deposit $500. Then manually refunding it when its returned all safe. It’s a little bit annoying with the balancing the invoices, and time taken.

Does anyone know a why of taking a “hold” on someones credit card? EG $500 for a week until the hire item is returned then un hold this amount or take the $500 if required?

A little like a car company would?

Thanks so much for your help!

Hi And Welcome to the Forums Kirra101.

Thanks for posting. It is great to have you!

This used to be done by accommodation houses I dealt with. Your bank would be the best place to ask for the options available to you.

Good luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.